Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the method I used. I Bought the press at Harbor Freight for $75. Used Pressure Treated 4X4 Beam and Hole Saw in Drill Press for Piston Cradle. A rasp worked well to clean up the radius. Used a skill saw set at 45 deg. to cut the reliefs on the sides of the hole saw cutout. The 7/8 Blade Bit is the perfect size for the wrist pin recess.

The Pins pressed out without any trouble. You just have to make sure you support the wood from underneath sufficiently enough so it doesn't break. It takes a significantly greater amount of force initially before they break loose when pressing them out than it takes to press them in.

On the install I lubed the rod end, wrist pin and piston with motor oil and heated the rod end with a torch just until it started to smoke. Freezing the wrist pins is a good idea to make it even easier but I chose not to. The pins pressed in fairly easily without freezing. Just make sure you have everything lined up straight. You can also fabricate a stop when pressing them in for equal edge distance on wrist pin but I just eyeballed it and didn't have too much trouble. The second two I managed to get right on the first try without having to adjust and re-measure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts