Honda Prelude Forum banner

Installing GPS unit where the clock goes

2K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Shadly 
you could also tap your usb car adaptor in the back of the cigarrate ligther...and hide all the wiring....i'm sure the are long enough to reach the clock location

:blush:

Lol no i know what im doing when it comes to puting a radio in Im not saying im the best but you give me a radio i can put it in and the right way
My wires were cut and all fucked up and i had no book to see what color did what and i was testing wires and the lights burnt out and the truck started to turn over and try to start
wow bro u can buy a honda stereo adapter for about 5.00

what you need to do is put the plug back on the wires. the outside of the plug metal tang is ground. the top of the plug unscrews exposing the fuse. if you solder wire to the fuse and put it back together, then tape all exposed metal. then you can solder the ground wire to the tang on the outside and tape the entire plug. you now have the two wires that you can either run to your radio harness or power to fusebox with a fuse tap and ground the other wire to the dash support braces right next to it. the reason for all of the wires in the plug is that your gps probably has a voltage requirement of less than 12 volts. also if you completely open the plug up you might find that only a two of the wires are actually used at the plug. i am assuming the other end looks like a motorola cellphone plug. the other cord you have has a usb end on it for computer updates, but usb plug on your computer has a 12volt output.
x2

x2

There's two identical (size/color) red wires, and two identical brown wires.

:Oo:

This makes reattaching them a little more difficult. Does anyone suspect they are interchangeable? Don't really know why they would go through the trouble of color coding all the other wires and then do this. They're next to each other in the connector if that helps at all.
could you please post pictures of evrything you have done so far...i might do the same to my lude....but i will buy an additional gps car adaptor just in case....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.