Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay i have a few questions with the fuel managment system.
i wanted to know what needed to be bored out and how much? does the rail need to be bored also? if the intake needs to be bored what size is the orginal size and what size bit do i need to buy to bore it out to the correct size? i know i have to take out the intake manifold and i want to buy the parts i need before i tear it down. like all the gaskets needed and etc.
this is what i got.
1. wahlbro fuel pump.
2. dsm 450cc injectors
3. fmu
4. trick valve
5. boost timing control
with these parts am i good on the fuel part? i have an h23 and i'm installing a dsm turbo 14b into my car.
and does anyone know where to drill the holes to a dsm turbo exhaust manifold to make it fit on an h23? i tried matching up the holes with a gasket but i don't feel confident about it. and with this would my turbo part be settled? am i missing anything? i have a hard time finding old threads...

·
Registered
594 Posts
First of all, get rid of that FMU. Get a tune. Walbro 255 is a really good fuel pump. I dont know how the fuel rail or injectors are on an H23, but on the H22, DSM 450's will fit. There are 2 rings on the bottom going into the intake mani, there is one rubber ring and one plastic ring. The plastic ring has to be trimmed on the inside. The 450 is larger diameter than the stock injector. Get the ECU chipped and get it tuned asap. I'm sure you will be fine just be very very careful and dont skip out on parts that are expensive, quality is key here. Tune is key as well. But with the DSM injector, this is my previous experience with an H22, I dont know how an H23 is but im guessing relatively the same

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
there are many threads on this build if you search it but i believe you only need to drill like 2 new holes to make the mani work... the tune is a much on anything new you do esp a turbo... the injectors will work fine

·
Registered
762 Posts
like what was said, only the injector seals need to be bored out, both the rubber and plastic ones. a dremel with the sandpaper drum attachment is the PERFECT size to use to bore them out!!!
i've used the DSM's on both my turbo H23 and F22, and they work perfectly :emthup:

and ditch the fmu. get a chipped ECU asap!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
okay i have a few questions with the fuel managment system.
i wanted to know what needed to be bored out and how much? does the rail need to be bored also? if the intake needs to be bored what size is the orginal size and what size bit do i need to buy to bore it out to the correct size? i know i have to take out the intake manifold and i want to buy the parts i need before i tear it down. like all the gaskets needed and etc.
this is what i got.
1. wahlbro fuel pump.
2. dsm 450cc injectors
3. fmu
4. trick valve
5. boost timing control
with these parts am i good on the fuel part? i have an h23 and i'm installing a dsm turbo 14b into my car.
and does anyone know where to drill the holes to a dsm turbo exhaust manifold to make it fit on an h23? i tried matching up the holes with a gasket but i don't feel confident about it. and with this would my turbo part be settled? am i missing anything? i have a hard time finding old threads...
sell numbers 3 4 and 5, you dont need or want any of those things. they are all junk and will cause your engine to go kaboom.

the dsm injectors fit in directly. literally, they are a direct drop in part, you dont have to remove the manifold, and you dont have to mod anything. they install as if they were the stock injectors, just a hair snugger in the intake mani grommets. just put a light amount of grease on the mani end of the injectors and shove em in the grommets. then grease the top orings lightly, put the fuel rail on, and tighten it down making sure the injectors slide into the mani grommets.
its never a bad idea to get new grommets, and you always want to have new orings.
only thing you need is a chipped and mapped ecu for engine management. which i sell, it's one of my main side businesses and anyone here on the site can back me up on my work; lots and lots of very happy customers on here.
cost is $200 shipped, you just remove your stock ecu, plug my chipped ecu in, start the car and go. and then when you've saved up a few more bucks, go and get it tuned to get even better gas mileage and more power and more reliability.
pm me whenever you're ready for an ecu, i'm always doing them

~Steve

·
Registered
482 Posts
sell numbers 3 4 and 5, you dont need or want any of those things. they are all junk and will cause your engine to go kaboom.

the dsm injectors fit in directly. literally, they are a direct drop in part, you dont have to remove the manifold, and you dont have to mod anything. they install as if they were the stock injectors, just a hair snugger in the intake mani grommets. just put a light amount of grease on the mani end of the injectors and shove em in the grommets. then grease the top orings lightly, put the fuel rail on, and tighten it down making sure the injectors slide into the mani grommets.
its never a bad idea to get new grommets, and you always want to have new orings.
only thing you need is a chipped and mapped ecu for engine management. which i sell, it's one of my main side businesses and anyone here on the site can back me up on my work; lots and lots of very happy customers on here.
cost is $200 shipped, you just remove your stock ecu, plug my chipped ecu in, start the car and go. and then when you've saved up a few more bucks, go and get it tuned to get even better gas mileage and more power and more reliability.
pm me whenever you're ready for an ecu, i'm always doing them

~Steve
Word!!! This guy knows exactly what he's talking about. I just put my dsm 450cc blue tops in last weekend. Just to have them in so that when I do my turbo build its one less thing i gota worry about. Car runs fine starts up ALOT easier i mean on cold startup even u just turn the key and the car is started. I always notice way better throttle resp. They just dropped right in I got mine wit the honda o rings already. the rubber ring on the bottom will fit just gota surpress it in between the block and fuel rail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts