Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i installed my GC's this weekend... i tried doing them last weekend, but 2 bolts broke that hold of the bottom of the strut up... it wasnt to great.

I had to take it to a shop so they could push them out. I had to get new bushings, and bolts. As well i got them to replace a CV boot in the front. So $540 later i was ready to install them yesterday.

So yesterday i installed them, and another bolt broke..:wzbigcry: I installed the backs, and the driver front, and then undoing the bolt on the bottom fork pieace that clamps the bottom of the strut, the bolt broke.. so i couldn't get the strut out. So i grabed the angle grinder and grinded the fork pieces off, took the strut out, and grinded the bolt off.

So, then i used my brothers spare fork peice from this old 92 lude, and used that just so i could get it down (it doesnt clamp, and hold the bottom of the strut at all so its just sitting in there), so after setting it down to the lowest it can go, its tuckin tires all the way around and it doesnt rub. Ill have some pics, it looks wicked.

Now today i raised it up to the height i want it at. it just tucks a tiny bit of the top of the tires. I didn't want n e fender gap. Its still camber'd as fuck, but w/e. I will go through a set of tires each season, but for the price of ingalls, front and back its $400 (canadian) and i can get Z-rated 17" tires for $200 for all four so thats what im going to do.

Ne way, i thought id write this in paragraphs, i didn't want danny whining at all... haha but ill have pics of the car up tomorrow to show everyone what it looks like.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
sounds good...although may i recommend getting a camber kit? its not JUST for tire wear, there are other reasons why a camber kit is essential...and trust me, that $400 you spend on it, will be money worth spent.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
haha like i stated before, im not getting one... and i know there are other things than just tire wear... my brother is a mechanic... The thing is, if i get a camber kit, i wont be able to have it as low because the tires will rub on the fender. Therefore, im gonna keep it this way.

And its not like im going to have my car forever.... probably just 2 more years.

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Ingalls camber kits are like $130 US shipped to your door, plus a couple bucks in duty fees. Don't know where you got a quote for $400...

Now post them pics, or send them to me and I can upload them and post em!

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
jamie_b15 said:
haha like i stated before, im not getting one... and i know there are other things than just tire wear... my brother is a mechanic... The thing is, if i get a camber kit, i wont be able to have it as low because the tires will rub on the fender. Therefore, im gonna keep it this way.

And its not like im going to have my car forever.... probably just 2 more years.
so your gonna give up some handling, and allow your suspension to take more stress then their used to just b/c you want your car lower? you are smart...s-m-r-t.

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
91_2.0_Si said:
so your gonna give up some handling, and allow your suspension to take more stress then their used to just b/c you want your car lower? you are smart...s-m-r-t.
Yeah that's Jamie, I tell him the same thing all the time!! :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got a price for F/B ingalls is $360, plus charge for an alignment.... making it over $400.
Now i dont care abnout performance, or handling....I like to do a vehicle up a certain way, and you do to. Im not building this car for handling, or performance like most ppl on this site. Each to his own right?? All im trying to do is show some mods that ive done. And if i wanted to build a car for performance and handling, i would have bought a different car.......

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
jamie_b15 said:
i got a price for F/B ingalls is $360, plus charge for an alignment.... making it over $400.
Now i dont care abnout performance, or handling....I like to do a vehicle up a certain way, and you do to. Im not building this car for handling, or performance like most ppl on this site. Each to his own right?? All im trying to do is show some mods that ive done. And if i wanted to build a car for performance and handling, i would have bought a different car.......

PRELUDEPOWER POST OF THE DECADE

Just remember to get help raising the car past 7 threads... You cant raise it with your hands past that...

BTW welcome to Preludepower.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks danny!, and i have a wrench that i modified from my bros coilovers that he had for his 92 so i use that to raise it..

When we taking pics together danny??

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
the front actually doesnt look too bad, tires look descently straight. the back, eh, but the car does look sexy slammed:emthup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its the only way man haha trust me! when i was lowering the jack i was praying it would tuck in enough to clear the fenders, and it did. If i could have it that slammed, and not have n e camber wear and stress on the suspension i would.... buuuttt i cant. so ya haha and Thanks for the compliment. Im happy with how it turned out

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
um...
its not a 300M :dontgetit:
so...big :emthdown: on the wheels
but its a nice drop :emthup:

if you want an ingals kit, I'll sell you mine. I've had em for almost 2 years...never installed. still in the box they were shipped in.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
tsiah said:
um...
its not a 300M :dontgetit:
so...big :emthdown: on the wheels
but its a nice drop :emthup:

if you want an ingals kit, I'll sell you mine. I've had em for almost 2 years...never installed. still in the box they were shipped in.
:raises hand:

ooooh! ooooh! pick me! pick me!
how much you want?

btw, so that i don't get in trouble for thread jacking:

not a fan of the wheels, but i love me some slammed lude :)

Matt

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments! i wanted chrome rims... not these exact ones but i got these wheels half price.... so i went with them

·
Registered
171 Posts
That doesn't look to much lower than what mine is. Maybe a half inch in the back. All I did was make sure the upper control arm was pulled all the way out. I do not have any abnormal tire wear and it has been like that for almost a year and a half. But, then again you can't tell much from a picture.

Like the drop, not so much the rims.

·
Registered
69 Posts
looks the same height as my car at the moment, your tyres wont last long mine have chopped out in 2 weeks so now i gotta buy a whole new set. im gonna lift mine back up til i get a camber kit, i just wana pull the wheels up a bit straighter so its not quite so bad.
good on you though if u can afford the tyres then why not, it looks gangster as with that amount of camber :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts