Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Purchased the 75A mounts back in June of 2013:

Have you by chance removed and inspected that insert? It appears to be kicked just as much as my first set back in 2012.

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
Have you by chance removed and inspected that insert? It appears to be kicked just as much as my first set back in 2012.
Last time I had that mount off was about 2 and a half years ago when I swapped the engine. It did look a little worn, but definitely not as bad as yours. They had about 40k miles on them at that time and they have about 45K miles on them now.

·
Administrator
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Last time I had that mount off was about 2 and a half years ago when I swapped the engine. It did look a little worn, but definitely not as bad as yours. They had about 40k miles on them at that time and they have about 45K miles on them now.
My first set (the black 75a) were just a little worn but enough for the bolt sleeve to have play. The extremely worn set was the later 85a, and that was due to the rear mount being nearly an inch shorter than what it should be.

I've still not gotten a fix from Innovative. One set of mounts is still wrong, and the replacement inserts they sent are too small. Currently running the modified set with no issues.

·
Administrator
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
what kind of mounts would you guys recommend for a stock prelude? stay with oem or switch to innovative mounts?

Factory Honda mounts.

After reading this thread, would you really consider Innovative mounts?

Haven't had much time to work on this but Thread update:

I received new 75a inserts under warranty again, this time in the correct color. Also received new 85a inserts - that DO NOT FIT. They simply fall into the mounts. I've tried calling and emailing a few times since, no replies. Pretty sure they are tired of hearing from me.

I've purchased a solid rod of steel and had a machine shop cut and drill to my supplied specifications. These are now a 100% perfect fit for the diameter of the bolt collar as well as overall length to reduce pinching the inserts too much within the mounts.

Still have a set of useless 85a mounts. Will be removing the JRSC in order to install a now 100% completely fixed 75a set that i've been working on. The Hasport rear is nice, but the vibrations are a little more than desired even with a 70a insert. Their urethane is stiffer than Innovatives it seems.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Still got my Innovative motor mounts. They'll be going on my car in the first re-iteration.

Just ordered their Alternator Relocation bracket, since ESP only makes a super low one, and one that's basically OEM.

Hope that^ doesn't suck as much as their mounts can.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So what is the consensus on the best engine mounts for the 5th generation prelude? Do people stick with OEM or has Innovative gotten better over the years?

·
Administrator
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So what is the consensus on the best engine mounts for the 5th generation prelude? Do people stick with OEM or has Innovative gotten better over the years?

Unsure. I've not been to a meet in a couple years and Innovative has long since stopped responding to me - leaving me with a bad set of mounts and inserts.

ESP is your best bet until Hasport gets their shit together and listens to me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts