Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I don't run one, also have the inovative now, not in the pic. Here is what you need if you want to run a front mount, I sold this to someone on here four years ago. I found it on ebay, I am pretty sure it was a one off item, but the idea is the same.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is a hell of a writeup being that my mounts are shot. Everytime I pull off at first I hear a rock from the shot mounts. I noticed the front is completely gone.

Now being that you said you DO NOT need the front mount when you but the innovative set, is that because the other 3 hold it firmly? Also does keeping the front in just serve as like a BUFFER or SUPPORT ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This is a hell of a writeup being that my mounts are shot. Everytime I pull off at first I hear a rock from the shot mounts. I noticed the front is completely gone.

Now being that you said you DO NOT need the front mount when you but the innovative set, is that because the other 3 hold it firmly? Also does keeping the front in just serve as like a BUFFER or SUPPORT ?
That is correct. You DO NOT need the front mount if you have the 3 other innovative mounts on a stock or mildly modified (bolt-ons) motor.. however, if you have a fully built motor and race it/launch hard.. you may want to keep the stock front mount installed or you can buy the innovative front mount for stock crossmember (until they make one for their traction bar). I am using the stock front mount with the 3 innovative 85a mounts. You can take the stock front mount off to save weight or make it look cleaner.. or you can keep it in for peace of mind.. but yea, you won't need it unless you got a really powerful motor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is correct. You DO NOT need the front mount if you have the 3 other innovative mounts on a stock or mildly modified (bolt-ons) motor.. however, if you have a fully built motor and race it/launch hard.. you may want to keep the stock front mount installed or you can buy the innovative front mount for stock crossmember (until they make one for their traction bar). I am using the stock front mount with the 3 innovative 85a mounts. You can take the stock front mount off to save weight or make it look cleaner.. or you can keep it in for peace of mind.. but yea, you won't need it unless you got a really powerful motor.
Alright , cool ! Thanks for the reply my friend. I'm gonna hopefully try and get them on Black Friday from a vendor to cheaper the price if I could. I forgot what it feels like to have solid mounts.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Alright , cool ! Thanks for the reply my friend. I'm gonna hopefully try and get them on Black Friday from a vendor to cheaper the price if I could. I forgot what it feels like to have solid mounts.
Make sure you get 75A or stiffer for a prelude.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I will Defineitely do that, What would you Recommend Personally >
I daily drive on 75A and it's not bad. I don't have a front mount because my stock one broke, but the engine barely moves at all and I don't race or launch hard so it'll be fine until I get a traction bar with a front torque mount.

I don't have any experience with any stiffer than 75A. I had 60A before and those couldn't handle the H, especially with a broken front mount. Started cracking and deforming the inserts.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is a little old but that's what my DA mounts looked like with 60a after only a year. My Hasports on the other hand lasted 3 cars and 2 years with no issues at all. Innovative can suck a fat one in my book lol

41 - 48 of 48 Posts