Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just install the innovative motor mounts set on my 2001 honda prelude. Although I was only able to install two of the three bolts on the driver side mount due to not being able to access it. i took the mount apart so as to access it but it wouldn’t reach far enough down to start threading. so after much pain i finally got it working with the other two bolts. do you think i should be find with those or should i take it to a mechanic to hopefully get that last bolt installed? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
There should be a longer bolt for the part of the mount with an extended collar beneath it.

Overall, unless they have fixed their issues and improved their quality control- they will wear out and produce noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be a longer bolt for the part of the mount with an extended collar beneath it.

Overall, unless they have fixed their issues and improved their quality control- they will wear out and produce noise.
hmm, there was no extra bolt included. I couldn’t fit the original bolt into that extended collar so i left it out until i could find an extra bolt to fit it. But it seems like just missing that one bolt wouldn’t cause the amount of rattling that is happening on idle. I may have a misfire or something going on idk. I’m gonna take it to honda tomorrow to get it inspected. considering they’re brand new mounts i wouldn’t expect them to be making so much noise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

do you recommend i replace all the bolts with aftermarket ones?

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
An obsurd amount of rattling is normal for 75a mounts or harder urethane. They will break in, but even after they do, there will be rattles you didn't have before.

I would take the factory bolt to your local hardware store or fastenal and have it matched up. Purchase one that is longer than the stock bolt by adding the difference in length of that collar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An obsurd amount of rattling is normal for 75a mounts or harder urethane. They will break in, but even after they do, there will be rattles you didn't have before.

I would take the factory bolt to your local hardware store or fastenal and have it matched up. Purchase one that is longer than the stock bolt by adding the difference in length of that collar.
yeah i was thinking of doing that with the hardware store. My girl and I are sharing this car as a daily rn and she ain’t having it lol. it’s pretty bad at idle, especially with the ac on. i may just have to call it a loss and purchase some oem mounts. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts