Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I will start off with the material that will be required for this write up:
-Drill
-Mothers polish ball W/extension
-Paper towels
-Chrome/metal polish

-Pipeing you with to polish

Step 1:
Make sure polish ball is firmly tightend to the extension and make sure the extension is firmly fastened to the drill

Step 2:
Put a good amount of polish inside pipeing as shown below probably want a little more than I have.

Step 3:
Insert polish ball into pipeing and make a in and out and circular motion from both sides until your satisfied with your work.
Wow that sounded pervertive lol

Step 4:
Grab 2 sections of paper towel and put them over the polish ball as shown below:

Step 5:
Insert the ball with paper towels around it carfully and make sure not to rip the paper towel,

Step 6:
Do the same motions as step 3 ( when you were polishing the pipeing ) I recomend doing this 3-4 times with a differnt paper towel each time
to ensure you get all the polish out..

Step 7:
Repeat steps till you are satisfied with all your pipeings insides.
AND WALLA!!! After doing this to all the sections of your pipeing they should all look like the picture below if not better.

Please leave feedback and let me know if this was helpful for anyone

I do accept + rep haha loll.
If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask..
Thanks,
Mike​

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
lol...mine is plastic, so i guess no use?
besides, i dont rep noobies..lol!

anyways, nice write up!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Sweet job man, I like the way you presented the instructions. I'll try this when I get to do my CAI for my H22A! thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
A more efficient air flow. It reduces the coefficient of drag for air flow :) I'm surprised that not many people knew that.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
looks good i have to try this sometime

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Me too guessman, for people who know alot about cars im suprised not alot of people have done this. Its not a huge gain but it does help.
It's probably because those who know most about cars don't waste their time polishing something for so little gain.

General question: why do people keep typing 'walla' or 'wolla' or such things?
The word is French and it is 'voila' and means 'here'. Usually used when showing something to someone.

As I said before.
Nice work and write-up. But ultimately pointless as no-one will notice any gains at all. (unless the original pipe was extremely poor quality).

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It's probably because those who know most about cars don't waste their time polishing something for so little gain.

General question: why do people keep typing 'walla' or 'wolla' or such things?
The word is French and it is 'voila' and means 'here'. Usually used when showing something to someone.

As I said before.
Nice work and write-up. But ultimately pointless as no-one will notice any gains at all. (unless the original pipe was extremely poor quality).
Yeah, true, a ton of work for little gain. Hmm, kind of sounds like someone that works on a Prelude to me. Relocating the battery to make room for a CAI that gives you up to 15 HP on the engine and what, 6-8 on the wheels...if that. If people didn't do stuff like this then we would go no where.

·
Registered
592 Posts
nag nag nag... i think this is a good write-up. i mean u do this an WALLA*! u instantly have just gained 0.2whp and better top-end then 88SE LUDE* just did.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
i'll chime in here haha:

will it make a difference? yes
will it be enough of a difference to notice as the driver for before and after? hell no
will it be enough of a difference to win a race against an identical car/driver where everything is 100% identical except one being polished? heeeeeeelllllll nooooo! not even close
will it be enough of a difference to see on a dyno? only if the dyno can accurately read in tenths (0.1) of a hp with zero variables between each run being different, which is impossible.

if you do a good enough job polishing it though, it makes for some cool looking reflections if you stick your eyeball up to the opening and look at stuff.

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will it be enough of a difference to win a race against an identical car/driver where everything is 100% identical except one being polished? heeeeeeelllllll nooooo! not even close
I said if i had a small stuff done like this, like plural, i mean like a bunch of small things can add up.. Not going agienst what your saying im just clarifying

·
Registered
758 Posts
What if we used some sort of etchign device to etch in ( i dunno the real word) rifiling spirals like that of a gun barrel. This would cause the incoming air to swirl which i think moves it faster thus allowing you to pull more in????? Moto Chime in here..... NOW

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
1. YES I deleted a shit load of posts in this thread.
2. WHY? Because it was a bunch of useless shit.
3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some feel this isn't a useful mod/article, that's been voiced already so it doesn't need to be done again.
4. Do not start another useless argument, or more posts will be deleted.
5. Don't like it? Fuck off.

:)

Nice job Mike

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
1. YES I deleted a shit load of posts in this thread.
2. WHY? Because it was a bunch of useless shit.
3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some feel this isn't a useful mod/article, that's been voiced already so it doesn't need to be done again.
4. Do not start another useless argument, or more posts will be deleted.
5. Don't like it? Fuck off.

:)

Nice job Mike
thank you!

anyways, great job dude. rep for you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts