Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mk2 failed MOT (Govt test) today. One thing was fast flashing of indicator on drivers side. I can't see any relay for it. Bulbs are fine and replaced from another car and the flashing continued. Any ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bad connection somewhere, if the bulbs are all working. Check the bulb sockets and see if there's any corrosion. The relay is behind the fusebox in case you wanna see if the relay is at fault.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
relay

I have a spare relay I'm sure in one of my scrap cars you can test it on, rare problem never heard of anyone having that issue. Just check all your ground wiring and earth connections to the indicator looms and just double check all bulbs don't forget the ones in the wings as well. I'm sure it's something simple, did you notice this before the MOT? or did it start doing this at the MOT? not MOT centre trying to rip you off?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a spare relay I'm sure in one of my scrap cars you can test it on, rare problem never heard of anyone having that issue. Just check all your ground wiring and earth connections to the indicator looms and just double check all bulbs don't forget the ones in the wings as well. I'm sure it's something simple, did you notice this before the MOT? or did it start doing this at the MOT? not MOT centre trying to rip you off?

Sorted and MOT'D now!
Have another Prelude so swapped relay..still issue BUT now sorted.
Bulb was replaced by me and checked wattage against the one the other side and it was too low (2 watt as opposed to 5 watt) so I guess not enough resistance. Thanks for your advice.
Now going to post thread asking how you undo the plastic screw attacchments Honda use round bottom of windscreen on the outside of the car that fixes body part running along the bonnet that rusts. Trying to remove it to repaint etc and cut out rust. I put a posidrive into them and because the plastic is so soft they just bore out. Any ideas before I post?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
MOT'd

Lol knew it would be something simples!

No real easy answer to these, either drill em out or use a hammer with a pryer on the end and force them out. You'll have to replace with something else that's suitable I've not bothered and just rely on the screws that are metal to hold it down. I've just done my race car as it was leaking water into the car from around here somewhere and found 30 years worth of crap rotting the inside of everything away! Just about caught it in time if I'd left it alone for another year it would have eaten away the firewall as well!! Get all the scuttle panels out, remove all the rust and treat and then lay the thickest coat of hammerite you can on everything! lol! You'll have to cut the washer jet hoses off at the ends connecting to the washer jets then with a very sharp knife cut them off the jets, trying to pull them off will result in you breaking the jet ends and rendering the whole thing useless fair easy to cut off the hardened plastic tubing and re attach on a nice fresh bit. I'd also take off all the rubber seals on the doors, and boot and check for rust treat and add fresh coat of hammerite on all the surfaces.

Some may come out but you have to very gingerly unscrew them if you get the head poking up a little bit use your finger nails to gently pull them up at same time or small slim hammer pry or even a flat bladed screw driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts