Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered an in dash double din 7inch touch screen and wondering if anyone else with a 4th gen with the any kind of DD in dash can show me some pics so i get an idea of the fitment...

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
the problems with double dins is not fitment but mounting. it has to be iso mounted which is kindof a pain but worth it. double dins look ten times better than flip outs. if you can post a pic of your dash i can probably walk you through it.
Posted via Mobile

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problems with double dins is not fitment but mounting. it has to be iso mounted which is kindof a pain but worth it. double dins look ten times better than flip outs. if you can post a pic of your dash i can probably walk you through it.
Posted via Mobile
yea i got it just for that reason.. website that give you fitment say double din doesnt fit in the lude which is bull but i think im going to order the dash kit i think its part# HA1566B.. i will post pics when i get it, thanks for a helping hand

·
Registered
286 Posts
i knowin my 3 gen it fits perfect with "custom" mounting. basically drilling out ohter mounting brackets that allow bolting to dash mounting brackets. some cars you may have to sharpen the edges of dash around radio to get it in but other wise its not to bad but well worth the trouble. just out of couriosity what kind of double din did you get?
Posted via Mobile

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did ALOT of looking around for double din's did info on each unit with every brand then i came to this power acoustik one i likes the way it looks and it really has nice things that the good name brand ones dont have. most double dins dont detach and this is a bad thing for me because i park on the not so nice streets of new york queens aka "killa Queenz the home of rap" lol ok so anyway this double din is just like the single dins dvd's with the pop out screen so it looks like there is nothing even there when the system is turned off. another thing i like is the bluetooth i can check my missed calls make calls it even gets my whole phone book in there most systems have it pretty use full oh and best of all the sd card im very happy about this cause i dont ever have to burn another cd again all i need is a 16gig sd card =D

http://www.newgpssystems.com/PowerAcoustikPTID7350NBT.htm

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
i have the kenwood ddx5012 or something like that.. i love it.
looks great. i get complaments on it allll the time.
i installed it a good while ago but i dont remember the install being that hard or even taking me that long..

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
here is a pic of mine...

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those look good, thanks guys..
mine should be coming fedex monday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey 4genpurpleprelude how do you like your Pioneer F900BT? I've read a lot of poor reviews about it when it first came out but some good ones after the latest firmware update.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahhh!! i cant wait to put mine in its just sitting in my room.. i ran into some problems and my prelude isnt running right now so i guess i need a working prelude b4 i put in my system lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
ahhh!! i cant wait to put mine in its just sitting in my room.. i ran into some problems and my prelude isnt running right now so i guess i need a working prelude b4 i put in my system lol
pics!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just picked up a monitor for my car. I was really looking into the double din's cause they look so clean but i found a flipscreen for cheap. Its a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD and so far it is working really good. I had alot of issues installing it(all wiring related) but now it is working really good and i'm glad i got it. It just looks like a normal deck when the monitor isnt open and i can still have that little space ontop (had to flip my dash kit upside down and modify it to fit) Heres a picture :

Yes my car is dirty, It is clean now :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Think the F900BT is ok but it takes forever to start up. But I haven't installed the latest update tho, think that's supposed to help on that end. Otherwise it's pretty cool:)
Mine just got sent to service because of some internal earth probs(I think) just like I've had on most of my pioneer decks over the years:(

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Dang man, that looks awesome. I think i want to get a double DIN this summer. I hate being a poor high school student :(

LOL, your sig is priceless

"-1989 Wife, takes most of my time and money"

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang man, that looks awesome. I think i want to get a double DIN this summer. I hate being a poor high school student :(

LOL, your sig is priceless

"-1989 Wife, takes most of my time and money"
i got rid of that 89 and got me a 92.. less miles lmaoo.

trust me its better then working 9-5 and still being poor i wish i was back in high school

1 - 20 of 25 Posts