Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody with b20a7 take a picture of screw on IMA sensor so i can return mine to factory settings and where can i find info what are CO specifications for my engine

thanks

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
No point, there are no specific factory settings that can be used like that (if you can see the slot then it's already been tampered/adjusted etc..), each is set where required for that specific car. Adjustment of the IMA might be covered in the online manual.
CO settings need to be where you need it for passing whatever emissions test you have to pass.
The factory CO spec is 0.1% at idle.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would not having an IMA sensor plugged in at all cause the car to idle rough for a very short time, say before driving for 2 minutes?

Also, anyone know where I can find an IMA sensor? I am desperately searching for one; it's as if the internet has never heard of the damn thing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Would not having an IMA sensor plugged in at all cause the car to idle rough for a very short time, say before driving for 2 minutes?
Don't know. When I get chance I'll unplug the one on Grey Lude and see what happens.
Also, anyone know where I can find an IMA sensor? I am desperately searching for one; it's as if the internet has never heard of the damn thing.
I'll see if the local Honda dealer can still get them.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I only ran mine for a short time without the IMA but during those days I never noticed anything really untoward.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Past 3 days I've been upgrading the alternator, upgrading the grounds with 4 gauge wire, changing both accessory belts and changing both upper and lower rear ball joints...on both sides, I've had my hands as full as can be lol but no, I found an online retailer that carries the IMA off a 85 CRX which has the same resistances and I've been told this one will work, but they have it priced at 100$, don't know if that is reasonable or not so I haven't ordered it. I also still don't know if my problems running poorly and trying to die until driving for 2 min (literally 2 min of driving and all problems go away, before thermo has even raised an eyebrow) is a symptom of a missing IMA. If the IMA won't cause the car to surge in idle and try to die until warm I can begin trying other things, but if it IS the IMA I don't wanna go pulling and cleaning and swapping crap out.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Maybe you didn't see this.....
I only ran mine for a short time without the IMA but during those days I never noticed anything really untoward.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
just need to know if IMA will cause shit idle at first crank
Maybe you didn't see this.....
Maybe he needs the American English translation...

I only ran mine for a short time without the IMA but during those days I never really noticed any problems.
You're welcome. :evil smile:

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
:emthup: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts