Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...'blacking out' my rear lights and headlights.. what do you think, would it make it look tacky?.. my garage has pix, i've got my windows tintd all around and an eyebrow.. :jehon: Any thoughts?

·
Registered
708 Posts
i don't think it would look good with ebp, or any other color, i only like it on black

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
nah man i wouldnt 'black' out your tail lights. it looks too tacky. and in some states its illegal. its something that has to do with the visible light comming from the lights and they have ways to measure it if its too low they can give you a ticket. id recomend doing something like i did to my tail lights. check out my sig or my garage. or at least give the whole tail light a slight grey tint.. but dont do the headlights. maybe the front turn signals and the side marker lights too but deffinetly NOT the headlights

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LUDEacris said:
...or at least give the whole tail light a slight grey tint.. maybe the front turn signals and the side marker lights too but deffinetly NOT the headlights
what did you use for the grey tint?.. materials?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
IMO blacking out lights is stupid. You should want your lights to be brighter if anything, especially your brake lights!
Bright brake lights decrease your chance of getting rear ended by half. Brake lights that are not as bright as stock because they are blacked out probably at least doubles your chances of being rearended at an intersection.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
JLude said:
IMO blacking out lights is stupid. You should want your lights to be brighter if anything, especially your brake lights!
Bright brake lights decrease your chance of getting rear ended by half. Brake lights that are not as bright as stock because they are blacked out probably at least doubles your chances of being rearended at an intersection.
Safety?

Yea, I guess that's important too.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JLude said:
:slap: ..haha, j/k.. yeah safety helps..

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
The rear? Don't mess with perfection.

The front? Just get a retrofit and paint the small area of trim inside the lamp.
:emthup:

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
all i used was a spray called vht nightshade. if you want to do it let me know il show you the writeup i did on how to do it. but i agree on not doing the break lights. thats pretty much why i didnt do my break lights.. just the bottom part.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LUDEacris said:
all i used was a spray called vht nightshade. if you want to do it let me know il show you the writeup i did on how to do it. but i agree on not doing the break lights. thats pretty much why i didnt do my break lights.. just the bottom part.
sweet, post the writeup por vavor.. im planing on doin the clear part on my rear brakes, i'll leave the red alone.. I would like to do my side marks and maybe front.. i duno:Rock:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
sweet, post the writeup por vavor
its por favor thank you very much ;-) . as for blacking out the headlights please dont. I saw a white bb6 with the black covers and it looked nasty

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nola BB6 said:
its por favor thank you very much ;-) ...
thanks for correcting me!....i'm glad you pointed out my poor spelling!..anywho, im not going w/ black out n e more..so, yeah.:burnout:

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
blacking out tails on a car any color but black is odd...

and unless by blacking out the headlights you mean removable covers...

im gonna have to say not only is it a bad idea but it will prolly get you pulled over.

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
here ya go here is the writeup. it tells you all the little things you need too like tape, large piece of cardbord etc etc.... i tried to go into as much detail as i could but if i left something out or you have any questions dont hesitate to PM me.... but do it quick im leaving the country in 5 days.
writeup

to get the VHT night shades, if you have an o'reillys auto parts. or an autoparts store OTHER THAN autozone, advanced auto, or napa, they may also have it. if not go here to this site. its half the price here anyways.
vht night shades

if you decided to do the front signals and markers PM louli (Sexyludegrl) for pics. she did hers not long ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts