Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into my first snag today. I have a manual type sh a4 transmission and apparently my jdm a model isn't type sh as was listed by the seller. There is no place for the lsd transfer case. Can I just throw a half shaft or a full drive Shaft axle on it and skip the whole transfer case? Anyone else run into this issue or is that typical to change to hookup instead of having the limited slip?

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
You need to run an atts blockoff plate and i believe use a different axle.

Just search "atts delete"

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not that simple... .you either need to change the gearbox completely.....or get a front bell housing and diff from another non sh gearbox and swap it....then it would be able to accept an intermediate shaft like a non sh prelude. In other words if u eliminate the atts(transfer case) the ordinary shaft does not fit at all

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Ah i read the OP backwards. Thought it was an sh model using an lsd equipped transmission

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The JDM doesn't bolt up to the SH lsd transferransfer case. Need to convert the transmission to a non lsd setup.

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
What motor are you using? JDM is vere vague as there are multiple that can be used on our cars.

An lsd equipped transmission will mount to a base or sh block, sounnds like you're trying to use an atts equipped transmission which will only work on an sh block.

You will need a different transmission. Swapping housings etc is not worth the time. Plenty of options out there with h2b and non sh 5th gen transmissions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts