Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last time i went to the track, i was shootin the shit with this one kid who was tellin me he just bought this 300ZX twin turbo for $2000. well i watched him make a run and he got a 13.1 and was mad. ahhaha i wish, $11,000 and im still in the high 15's. what i thought was crazy was that he had the stock intercoolers and not a front mount. (stock has two tiny like 8" X 4" intercoolers) when the hell am i gonna find a deal?????:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never seen such a cramped engine compartment.maybe on a pontiac but that doesnt even compare.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
300zx's have the most cramped engine bays ever. 3/S 's come next.

i say don't worry about how much you've paid compared to someone else running better times. if we all wanted to just go fast for cheap we'd buy an old nova/camaro/etc, drop in a built small block w/ a big shot of nitrous and run 10's or quicker for less than $4k. but most people here aren't interested in that. so like i said, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i dont know my thunderbird sc has no room in it...you have to pull parts of to get to others...hell the motor in it takes up more space than the 5.0s do....also i would like to know what your mods are to have spent 11k and your still in the 15s maybe more visual than performance

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
i think he's talking about w/ the price of the car.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Boosted521 said:
300zx's have the most cramped engine bays ever. 3/S 's come next.

i say don't worry about how much you've paid compared to someone else running better times. if we all wanted to just go fast for cheap we'd buy an old nova/camaro/etc, drop in a built small block w/ a big shot of nitrous and run 10's or quicker for less than $4k. but most people here aren't interested in that. so like i said, don't worry about it.
agreed. for me it would be TOO easy to go fast in a muscle car and not much fun. plus they were ment to go fast. mow take a 'lude and go 10's, thats cool. plus its always fun to rape a muscle car in any 4 cyl.

just my .02

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is true...i never said i wasnt totally in love w/ my car. i would just like to spend what i plan to spend on basic mods and buy a 12 second car instead. but its ok.. the first time he breaks something itll prolly cost 10K to get that impossibel thing fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts