Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
UNNATURAL HEIGHTS
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again for the second time. I keep going through problems with my car and end up giving up on her. The story;

2 days before selling the car i pull out of my driveway and it completely dies on me. I tow it back and look over it to find nothing. Call the people coming to buy it and told them the story, they were rather happy it didn't happen to them after they got it. So i tare apart the ignition harness thinking it had to do with the remote start system. 8 months down the road I find one of the ground wires broke off. D'oh! Yeah, I can only laugh about that one now. But it kept me from getting rid of the car.

A few months later I'm driving home and it starts sputtering on me and when I try to give it gas it dies. I roll off the road and grab my tools thinking the screw in the distributor cap that holds the sparker on came out again. (This happened several times before even after lok-tite). Upon opening it up I see the screw in there and almost instantly knew she was done for. Further inspection showed a snapped timing belt and bent valves, the whole works.

Somewhere inbetween there though I managed to pick up a set of H&R Race's for $75 locally. 4,000 miles on them. Have to love craigslist. But so far on this car I have cheaped out on everything. Springs but no struts, Intake instead of ball joints and seals. Ignoring the excess smoke which I knew was from rings, ignoring the engine tick.

So, in late October I come back from a 6 month summer job with a fat wad of cash, and I'm going to do an h22 and 5 speed swap all at once while replacing ball joints, putting in new struts and brake lines etc. Oh and fresh paint which I'm stoked about. All in all I've just decided I love this car way too much and its about time I treat her right.

On another note though, I do believe I left in the middle of a bad exchange and owe someone money. No this isn't a joke, I really want to set this straight. I don't remember the guys screen name exactly but if you reccognize me, please let me know. I will remember you.

Sorry for the extremely long post, I've missed you guys.

Check on my signature and garage for more pictures and info. Its all updated.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i wonder how many people will post saying "i was wondering when you were gonna pay me!".

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I belive you owe me 12 bucks for the sticker. lol
but its aight a hand job will do

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah i know. I owe ya a line. But im broke and im still waiting for my paypal refund unfortunately:( Sorry man. But i'll make it up to ya.
Not worried about the money. I would just like another hose.

·
UNNATURAL HEIGHTS
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I belive you owe me 12 bucks for the sticker. lol
but its aight a hand job will do
That's a bit aggressive don't you think? You need to run your car by after it gets painted.

haha welcome back **** boy, lol jkjk, and im getting my new cv axel monday when ya wanna put it in??
No. But I will.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh i sure will bring it by after its lowered and painted. But ya i am still alive lol just out of the car world due to no license. But 21 more days and i get it back!!!

·
UNNATURAL HEIGHTS
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh i sure will bring it by after its lowered and painted. But ya i am still alive lol just out of the car world due to no license. But 21 more days and i get it back!!!
Well I better see a lowered and painted lude in front of my house in 21 days..

·
UNNATURAL HEIGHTS
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Adolescence. Immaturity. It could be classified a few different ways.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh you will def. see one cause i am not going to school that day. This guy that has been doing body work for 30+ years is helpin out in my auto body class and he has taken me under his wing :] lucky me

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll take some money...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts