Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i havent been on here in almost a year or more!!

im Ray, i have a red 89 Prelude 2.0Si, 5-speed 4ws. its a florida car, no rust, 189k with new rebuilt engine

engine:
-b20a5
-bored out a little bit, honestly cant remember what, 80.5? 81.5? something like that (they bored it just enough to make it round again, cant remember because i havent touched the car for a year or more)
-forged wiseco 10.5:1 pistons
-h23 rods
-ALL new honda oem gaskets/seals
-honda oem oil/water pumps
-all new honda oem hoses
-rebuilt head, new seals, seated the valves again, surfaced the head

other:
-newer paint
-all new badges/window trim
-exedy oem clutch
-stripped interior(smelled like cigs and was faded from florida)
-eibach pro-springs
-tokico shocks

soon:
-need help here, need to somehow tune it, becuase i think its getting spark knock, not sure, maybe have to get obd-1 to tune it? soemthin with fuel pressure, new injectors? no clue! always ran 94 octane since day one. it spun a bearing at about 188k, i got the crank fixed, it was scraped up a little, not terrible, maybe the rods knocking now because the rod "fixing" failed and messed up the bearing?? i dont know! im thinkin about taking it apart and checking everything out, not sure what to do, its not terrible knocking, and not getting worse either
-volk 15x7" wheels, havent picked out which ones i want yet, either black with the red lip, or bronze with a polished lip
-195 or 205 falken azenis tires
-new front left wheelbearing, mines knockin a little(repalced axle already, because of ripped boot, thought that was the knocking, but it wasnt!)
-mustard cat front and rear stb's
-new 2" or 2 1/4" exhaust(friends making me a full stainless headerback, copying my rusty chikara header)
-removing rear spoiler and getting a small THIN rectangle LED third brake light and flush mounting it on the back of the lip of the trunk lid above the "H" emblem

im sure there will be more, but thats about it for now!! just glad to be back!

just been busy with work, paying bills, and doing stuff to my jeep, havent had much time for the honda, and tis stored for the winter now again anyways, so, no salt!! :)

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
Welcome back, very nice lude. Im interested in how that LED light will come out.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
welcome back friend
POWER TO THE LUDERS lol

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
black and white photo's look vintage........good job, and beautiful car, isnt this the car you bought off an old geezer who cherished it?

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
yea it was! there was this older guy who got the car, he got it painted, new badges, window trim, brakes, brake lines, alternator, radiator, tires. pretty much restoring it from being faded from florida etc. but he ended up getting cancer, and passing away. well before he passed away, he gave the car to his good friend, also an older guy. he didnt really have a use for the car, so i bought it.

my white 1990 auto, was t-boned in the side pretty hard, and i didnt want to fix it. the insurance didnt total it because it was i such nice shape. so i got the insurance money,and sold the car for 900 on top of that. so with the insurance money and money from selling it, i got this red one for free pretty much! :smile:

thats cool how you guys remember all this stuff :) i havent been on here in almost a year or two! lol, there was a reason i loved this car and this site so much haha. i just cant wait to get all the new stuff for it that i listed above and get it how i want it again. but thats all in the fun of it, one thing at a time. i got my jeep lifted, how i want it, thats been stealing all my money the past 2 years, its addicting JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket! the jeep is my dd, so i wanted to get it how i wanted it before the lude. the lude is my fun weekend nice weather car. but i guess the ludes do that as well(steal all our money :) )! haha, so now i should be able to start focusing on the prelude again

car looks great greg, i love the stance, wheels, looks great! i always liked the 90-91 front bumper on the red cars when their low stance like that, looks sharp

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
:emthup::emthup::emthup::emthup: Red Ludes are what its all about! we love them for all the joy they bring.... and even the pain lol.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
i remember you..

but yeah welcome back, the lude looks good. PLans sound good, you gonna take the wing off if you do the led lights in the trunk lid?

dont worry about mario, im from florida too originally.... we may be weird but we have strength in numbers.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Clean looking lude. I'm also in NE ohio, PM me in the spring i'll have mine out of storage and we can cruise!

Also, have your buddy make several of those header-back exhausts.. i'd love to ditch the pacesetter!

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
i remember you..

but yeah welcome back, the lude looks good. PLans sound good, you gonna take the wing off if you do the led lights in the trunk lid?

dont worry about mario, im from florida too originally.... we may be weird but we have strength in numbers.
As the brits are famous for bad teeth and mr bean, is it a fair observation that florida is associated with big fat women wearing shell suits and nail extensions?

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
yeah sort of like golden girls, like the canadians are famous for john candy and maple syrup?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts