Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ha, I’m a frequent at this point. I have looked for the answers I need but can’t find anything that pertains to the issue I’m having on the 3rd Gen when it comes to shorting the service connector(the yellow rubber cap in the engine bay). I’ve tried to set my ignition a few times but it’s never stayed where I wanted it to and I notice a decrease in power as the car warms up. I’d also like to check the cel I have but when I trip the connector with a little piece of wire, the cel doesn’t come on and I can’t tell if the timing is ready to be adjusted. I’ve tested the connector with a 12v multimeter, it reads 0.6 (I don’t know if that’s correct hence why I’m asking for help on this)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump on this thread + update.
I am trying to jump the service connector right from the ecu, but i can confirm I have an obd0 prelude. Anybody know which pins to jump? I’m quite lost now lol

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Bump on this thread + update.
I am trying to jump the service connector right from the ecu, but i can confirm I have an obd0 prelude. Anybody know which pins to jump? I’m quite lost now lol
If you have an OBD0 ecu, then you will still have to jump the yellow connector at the passenger side shock tower, and watch the ecu LED blink.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have an OBD0 ecu, then you will still have to jump the yellow connector at the passenger side shock tower, and watch the ecu LED blink.
That’s the problem, the cel doesn’t blink or do anything when I jump the yellow capped service connector. The cel does come on for a coolant temp code and when the fuel pump is priming. I’ve tried a bunch of different ways of jumping it but none have worked. Not sure at all where to go from here besides the possibility of a code0 which means bad ecu

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the ECU was dead, then you could not run the motor. So its not the ECU. You have a different issue.
Hmm. Next thing I would think is that something with the engine being swapped makes that connector not work. (B21 head b20A block obd0 harness) Is there a way to jump that service connector straight from the ecu?

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Hmm. Next thing I would think is that something with the engine being swapped makes that connector not work. (B21 head b20A block obd0 harness) Is there a way to jump that service connector straight from the ecu?
Wait what?
We need clear details on what you have?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update on the situation, maybe the service connector does work? I had jumped it again and was watching the timing when I pulled it out. The timing instantly retarded itself when I pulled the wire out of the service connector. So maybe it does work and I need to just re do the procedure

1 - 20 of 21 Posts