Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive read alot about this on here but still cant find my answer. i have an 01 prelude and it was broken into recently, they tried to steal the car by ripping out my ignition and starting it with a screwdriver. well i guess they're use to stealing civics or something cause that method didnt work, but they did succeed in destroying my ignition switch. i found a used ignition switch, harness, black box, and keys (not the red one of course). so i installed the new switch and black box and the car will crank but still wont start. im guessing that even though the switch, keys, and box match up that all of that still doesnt match up to the cars ecu, correct? and if thats the case can i have the black box re-flashed (JCS automotive locksmith) they send you a new red key and master key to match the re-flash and then take the car to honda to be reprogrammed to the ecu?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
ok so ive read alot about this on here but still cant find my answer. i have an 01 prelude and it was broken into recently, they tried to steal the car by ripping out my ignition and starting it with a screwdriver. well i guess they're use to stealing civics or something cause that method didnt work, but they did succeed in destroying my ignition switch. i found a used ignition switch, harness, black box, and keys (not the red one of course). so i installed the new switch and black box and the car will crank but still wont start. im guessing that even though the switch, keys, and box match up that all of that still doesnt match up to the cars ecu, correct? and if thats the case can i have the black box re-flashed (JCS automotive locksmith) they send you a new red key and master key to match the re-flash and then take the car to honda to be reprogrammed to the ecu?
you're gonna have to go to honda to get the immobilizer box reprogrammed - if not replaced. i had a problem similar to yours but still the same general thing - with it reprogramed - there is a good chance you'll have to buy a new set of keys - but thing is you have to go to honda cause only they have the codes for the imobilizer box - and they can't give it to your mechanic b/c of potential theft

worst come to worst you'll have to replace the whole thing witch means new keys and a lovely $500 and if you get lucky like me - a week to fix b/c some dowm sydrome idiot kept sending them the wrong parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts