Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got a broken drivers seat out of an 86 dx the other day from huzur, i fixed it and decided that th tracks on it were very close to the ones on the 1g, so i started my 1 hour adventure, probly take half the time for the passenger side since i know what i'm doing.

disclaimer, if you screw it up it's not my fault cause you decided to do it, no one forced ya

required tools
- 10mm 3/8 drive shallow socket
- 12mm 3/8 drive shallow socket
- medium 3/8 drive extension
- drill bits
- drill
- center punch
- hammer
- and of course you never use a drill or a hacksaw without a vise
- hacksaw
- round file

you should probly set aside 2 hours or so for this, just to be safe

finished product

you know you love it

any ways start by getting the 2g seat(a little obvious but you know some people)

the remove your stock front seat by moving your seat all the way back, undoing the front 2 bolts

then moving all the way forward and undoing your rear 2 bolts
woops forgot to get that pic... oh well you'll find em

now that the seat is unbolted, yank it out

now unbolt the rails from your 2 seats, just move the sliders to uncover the 4 bolts

now that you have both sets of sliders off, take your first gen slider that doesn't have the lever on it put it in the vise, and take a hack saw to this little button

whew now where done with the cutting

now lock the front tab in the vise (the tab the the bolt goes through on the fron of the rail to bolt the car to the body)

an take one of your 2g sliders and match up the the wholes with ones at the back of the sliders (there is a trick) since you need the slider all the way back to center punch your new hole, just match up the back of one rail with the back of the other rail. (if this is confusing ask me to clarify, but try it first you'll get it)

now center punch the middle of the hole at the front (cause apperently the only difference between the bolt pattern on the seat pan is that the 2g seat pan has holes 1cm farther apart then the 1g seat pan... ghey

great now that you've center punched it, drill a hole roughly the same size as your the stack one... here is where we encounter a small problem, the hole we need intersects with the stock one...

OMG THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! you say... not quite, because the other hole is only a certain size it will not let the bolt move around this elongated hole so problem solved just use your file to clean up this hole and your all good

sholud look similar to this when your done (also notice the button i sawed off)

now repeat this step with the other rail, which you'll notice doesn't have the button like the last one.

great now there ready to bolt to the seat, so what are you waiting for get'er done

ok now for the strenuous part, i dunno bout you guys, but my holes didn't line up quite perfect... but with some pushing and pulling of the seat i managed to get the bolts in 1 at a time... but this makes my seat kinda hard to move... oh well no one sits in the back anyways... ok guys have fun

·
Registered
41 Posts
but this makes my seat kinda hard to move... oh well no one sits in the back anyways...
Do you mean hard to move back and forwards or tilt. cos no one uses my back seats , and its soon to become home to 2 subs and 3 amps. The fact i cant move it wont be a problem as long as i can put it where i want it in the first place.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just stiff moving forward to back... mine was always kinda stiff, this just made it a bit worse, it still moves though, you just gotta force it

·
Registered
117 Posts
any noticable difference on if they set higher or lower than the 1g seats?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually i am a little tall for the factory 1g seats, and the 2g seats sit a tad lower, it put me in the perfect spot.

it's awsome haveing the seat bolsters now though, these seats are 100x better then the 1g seats.

·
Registered
117 Posts
thats good to know. I know that my head taps the back of the sunroof opening. So the 2g seats should lower me a tad, that would be great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts