Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bad picture, but I'm at work and can't get better pics until tonight. It's a round thing that is attached to the fender well. It goes from the FPR to this blue round module thing, then from there to I think the return gas line. What is this stupid thing? I bought the car with it on.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
cant tell at all due to shitty picture, i mean hell at least have wht your askign IN the picture, jsut a smudge of blue doesnt help at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did crack it open and it's obviously fuel related. I told you it was a bad picture, I will get one later, sheesh. I don't think it's a fuel filter as it's going back to the return fuel line. Also, it has a breather hose on the top of it going to Intake Manifold.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, I did some research. They are used to increase fuel pressure as manifold pressure increases. This is used for turbo applications up to 9psi. So your rude suggestion was incorrect. Thank you for opinionating my car though.

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
Actually, I did some research. They are used to increase fuel pressure as manifold pressure increases. This is used for turbo applications up to 9psi. So your rude suggestion was incorrect. Thank you for opinionating my car though.
Yeah, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. It works with the factory regulator for boosted applications.

Most commonly seen with a JRSC setup.

With the right setup - there's no need for one.

I'd personally rather have an adjustable FPR on an aftermarket fuel rail and upgraded fuel pump etc. The rising rate fpr isn't really ideal....

edit*

in playlude's defense.... there are some questionable things in that bay... things that normally a prelude shouldn't need and other things that are factory when they should be upgraded.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which is the exact reason that it doesn't look like that anymore. It's converted back to NA. Everything is now stock except for I/H/E. I think I did this car a favor.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.

sig'd this!!

Why wouldnt someone jsut install an adjsutable fuel pressure regulator? Like a real one that that perhaps is connected to a higher volume rail? Then this way they can tune up past 9 psi......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.