Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a $35000 lawsuit that I am all but guarunteed to win (hit as a pedestrian, in a crosswalk that said "walk", by a speeding, hit-and-run elderly man... a)his fault b)how could I lose?!). Anyways, this thread is not meant to be my life story, the point is that I thought it would be both fun and informative to hear what all the knowledgable 3rd gen owners would do to a 1991 Si (no 4ws :dontgetit: ) if money weren't an issue. Granted I'm not planning on spending it all on my car, but the idea has crossed my mind and I wanted to know what you all thought, for future reference perhaps. I'm not the most knowledgeable modder, but here is what I had in mind, given my limited experience....

Engine and Induction:
H22a swap
turbo (can you fit a twin? remember, money would be no object!)
I heard mention of cyrogenic treatment of a block to withstand insane psi boosts...anyone know anything about that?!?
engine clean-up, i.e. chrome plating, new hoses, etc.

Body:
I'd like to keep it close to stock, but make it... how to say it... meaner? Sleaker? Something like that, you know? You see it on the street and you don't think "That's just like the car I built in Need For Speed", you think "nice car. good looking." No leads yet.

Interior:
I'd love to redo the interior black and gray (or black and red) instead of the beige.
Black dash
Replace the rear bench seat with two buckets (I have yet to find the three people small enough to fit back there comfortablly, plus buckets are safer, nicer, and more comfortable)
New front buckets too (Bride all around, if $ is no object)
12 CD chager to go with my Pioneer control head unit

Well, I said I didn't know a whole lot, and the point of this is to allow everyone to indulge their 3g fantasies, even if only for a little while, so please feel free to post ideas, suggestions, or your own plans. Thanks for indulging me again...
~Joe
I prefer to think of her as a clean slate; the word "stock" seems so barbaric...

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
well, glad you're not severely injured :\

why put all that money into your car, why not maybe get 1 good thing for your car and save the rest for later for a downpayment on a house or something...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
cryogenically treated blocks i know a bunch about. you can cryo treat just about any part of a motor that is made of metal lol. question is how much it would cost, cuz there is a minimum cost no matter how small the part is/are. if you do it, do it all at once, and make sure its a slow time release process. meaning they dont just dip it and remove it. it must be dipped, soaked, and put in a temp/pressure chamber where they SLOWLY release the pressure and increase the temp over time, sometimes up to a few days. as far as it being worthwhile, i would suggest sleeving the motor with full custom darton sleeves. they are the strongest and most reliable, wear the least, hold the most boost, etc etc etc. then if you really want, after having the sleeve job done, BEFORE bore/hone matching the sleeves to the pistons, have the block cryo treated. then after its treated, have the sleeves bore/honed to match whatever pistons you use. you will officially have the absolute strongest block ever lol. cryo treated darton sleeved block mmmmmmmmmm i get all tingly just thinkin about it haha. there would be no amount of boost that block couldnt handle lmao.

cryo treating a stock block without sleeving it, would increase the strength of the entire block considerably, including cylinders. but a darton sleeve would be slightly stronger then a stock "sleeve"(cylinder) that's been cryo treated.

heres what i would do if money wasnt an object:

-darton sleeves
-cryo treat: block, head, valves, retainers, valve springs, rods (or get aftermarket rods (or even cryo the aftermarket ones haha), crank, girdle, pistons, cams, cam caps, entire tranny including internals
-AEM EMS
-t3/t4 or sc61 pushin 14psi (stage 1), 21psi (stage 2), 28-30psi (stage 3). AEM EMS allows for several stages of mapping, that can be changed at the flick of a switch or push of a button
-laptop in the car to control the AEM EMS
-custom equidistant exhaust mani and downpipe and full exhaust, port matched mani to head
-custom intake mani (not modded stock one, i mean full custom from scratch)
-port and polished head and port matched all around
-custom cam regrinds
-LSD, and custom stronger gears, possibly with altered gear ratios
-direct port 1 or 2 stage dry nitrous injection with custom map for all 3 above stages programmed and wired into the EMS
-full ignition
-lots of carbon fiber, replacing anything you can with it lol (hood, trunk, door parts, fenders, anything lol)
-sensors and guages up the butt to monitor the insane motor setup
-adjustable cam gears
-underdrive aluminum pulleys
-a/c removed (unless you really really need it), im mean the ENTIRE a/c system, not just compressor and lines
-as much weight reduction as possible and feasible
-1000cc injectors (DUUUHH!!)
-full suspension and brake upgrades
-wheels
-anything else you can come up with (all the little stuff) to make the insane motor possible and feasible
-several days on the dyno lol. cuz it'll require it for such a motor
-nice digi cam so you can take hundreds of pics
-long distance phone calls once the car is done and proven worthy of being hailed king, so you can get sponsors and advertisers to pay you for having their stickers/parts on your car, and/or pics/vids of your car in their advertisements

i can keep going if you want lol.

mmmm, i looooove AEM EMS, soooo many possibilities

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds good man. If your planning on a H22 with possibly turbo, i suggest you should upgrade your shocks, brakes etc.

My list would be something like this:

- Tokico blues, ground controls, and some nice springs (H&rR or something)

- Replace all bushings to poly-bushings (superpro, orijin)

- Whiteline sway-bars

- Stb`s front and rear (mustardcats are nice)

- BRakes: Calippers from a 4th gen vtec-lude, bigger rotors (brembo perhaps, or maybe black diamond like i have ordered for my lude), steel-braided brake lines, and some nice pads (ferrodo is good)

:smilejap:

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Pimpstecy said:
well, glad you're not severely injured :\

why put all that money into your car, why not maybe get 1 good thing for your car and save the rest for later for a downpayment on a house or something...
I was just about to say that, use it for a house or a brand new car.

As much as I love 3rd gens I wouldnt spend that much money on one

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
With all that loot, do something nobody has done before: how about an F20C in a Prelude? Has that been done before? In a third gen, I mean. Or how about a K20 THAT ACTUALLY WORKS. You know what would be ridiculous? A 13B in a Prelude. That would rape everybody's ass.

If you're serious about it, do something that will make all of our jaws drop. Any flea-bitten fool can put an H22 in a third gen, or turbo the fuck out of a B20A. Impress us. Give us something to jack off to. Only then will you achieve pure and true Prelude enlightenment.

I need a fucking job.

--J

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Yeah well I wouldn't either but it's his money, and he asked us how to spend it on his car if he chose to do so. Depending on where you live, property is usually always the best investment.

--J

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Full Suspension rebuild
17" OZ Superturismo GT

Full built engine including
Turbo
ITB's
Bored to 2.2
Cams
Port + Polish

6sp Rally spec sequential gear box with high rise short shift system

Custom Black Leather Interior with Red Stitching
Alpine DVD Install

Should be enough change for a full tank of gas

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm coming close to a settlement now, though I doubt anyone's really interested. I NEVER HAD ANY INTENTIONS OF SPENDING IT ALL ON THE CAR... it was meant to be a fun exercise in letting your imagination run rampant, which I have. And because of this thread, I am going to attempt an F20C swap into another 3rd gen with s2k underpinnings. Search to find the thread on it, where the conversation is more realistic than it was here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, yeah and I am planning to spend most of that money to open a mutal fund account and as a down payment on a townhouse, not the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If any of you actually come back and read this, do you have a non-running 90-91 ALB? Non-ALB? Any one at all? How about a wrecked s2k? I just need the underpinnings, wheels, brakes, and (dare I say it) the engine. I doubt anyone would have that kind of s2k, but if you have any of the parts I found a reliable source for the motor and tranny, ecu, etc.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
dont listen to him put it in the car and motor u would have one sick ass 3rd gen but half in 15 grand trust me it wil all be worth it in the end

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
an S2000 motor sounds awsome, but thats the thing. it SOUNDS awsome. i was offered a S2000 motor to put in my prelude for free(long story) but i hear that it isnt really a good idea. supposedly the S2000 body was built around its motor because it was such an awkward motor. it would be easier to put your lude body onto a S2000 chassis, so why not get an S2000 anyway? forget about a Kxx trans, it has to be rear wheel drive to be worth it IMO.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Just ask Afterburners, he had the best set-up you can possibly do on a 3rd gen, I do believe.
This is because you don't know shit....... on this forum IMA2NR had an even greater setup that of afterburners.

But remember this is just one forum... not every prelude out there.

The best setup you can do on a prelude is 4ws, full suspension, any engine fully built and boosted but I'll go H22 over B20 due to flow characteristics.... that is the best setup performance wise.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
cryogenically treated blocks i know a bunch about. you can cryo treat just about any part of a motor that is made of metal lol. question is how much it would cost, cuz there is a minimum cost no matter how small the part is/are. if you do it, do it all at once, and make sure its a slow time release process. meaning they dont just dip it and remove it. it must be dipped, soaked, and put in a temp/pressure chamber where they SLOWLY release the pressure and increase the temp over time, sometimes up to a few days. as far as it being worthwhile, i would suggest sleeving the motor with full custom darton sleeves. they are the strongest and most reliable, wear the least, hold the most boost, etc etc etc. then if you really want, after having the sleeve job done, BEFORE bore/hone matching the sleeves to the pistons, have the block cryo treated. then after its treated, have the sleeves bore/honed to match whatever pistons you use. you will officially have the absolute strongest block ever lol. cryo treated darton sleeved block mmmmmmmmmm i get all tingly just thinkin about it haha. there would be no amount of boost that block couldnt handle lmao.

cryo treating a stock block without sleeving it, would increase the strength of the entire block considerably, including cylinders. but a darton sleeve would be slightly stronger then a stock "sleeve"(cylinder) that's been cryo treated.

heres what i would do if money wasnt an object:

-darton sleeves
-cryo treat: block, head, valves, retainers, valve springs, rods (or get aftermarket rods (or even cryo the aftermarket ones haha), crank, girdle, pistons, cams, cam caps, entire tranny including internals
-AEM EMS
-t3/t4 or sc61 pushin 14psi (stage 1), 21psi (stage 2), 28-30psi (stage 3). AEM EMS allows for several stages of mapping, that can be changed at the flick of a switch or push of a button
-laptop in the car to control the AEM EMS
-custom equidistant exhaust mani and downpipe and full exhaust, port matched mani to head
-custom intake mani (not modded stock one, i mean full custom from scratch)
-port and polished head and port matched all around
-custom cam regrinds
-LSD, and custom stronger gears, possibly with altered gear ratios
-direct port 1 or 2 stage dry nitrous injection with custom map for all 3 above stages programmed and wired into the EMS
-full ignition
-lots of carbon fiber, replacing anything you can with it lol (hood, trunk, door parts, fenders, anything lol)
-sensors and guages up the butt to monitor the insane motor setup
-adjustable cam gears
-underdrive aluminum pulleys
-a/c removed (unless you really really need it), im mean the ENTIRE a/c system, not just compressor and lines
-as much weight reduction as possible and feasible
-1000cc injectors (DUUUHH!!)
-full suspension and brake upgrades
-wheels
-anything else you can come up with (all the little stuff) to make the insane motor possible and feasible
-several days on the dyno lol. cuz it'll require it for such a motor
-nice digi cam so you can take hundreds of pics
-long distance phone calls once the car is done and proven worthy of being hailed king, so you can get sponsors and advertisers to pay you for having their stickers/parts on your car, and/or pics/vids of your car in their advertisements

i can keep going if you want lol.

mmmm, i looooove AEM EMS, soooo many possibilities

your prolly pushing 35K right about here...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts