Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics. The guy obviously did not notice me behind him and backed up from his parking spot directly into my drivers side door/mirror. There was little I could do as I had another car in front of me.

Anyways, the guy has Liberty Mutual and one of their preferred auto repair places is "True 2 Form".

Anyone heard of them? Good things I hope.. Apparently I don't have to take it there, but it is close to where I live, so that would be a plus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was the guy drunk?
Not sure. However at first I was freaking out because the guy didn't have his insurance on him. I called the cops, but because it was on private property they couldn't do anything. It turned out alright because I talked to his wife and got the insurance info.

It was dark and I assume he just didn't look in his rear view mirror to see me there. Anyways, the insurance company suggested taking it to True 2 Form.

Anyone heard of them?

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
True2form is a national chain of body shops... pretty much what maaco is to paint, true2form is to bodywork.

One of my old buddies was a detail manager at the one near me. They did pretty good, but with all chains it depends who's running the ship at the one near you.

·
Registered
476 Posts
screw that, take that bish to the stealership and make him pay for it

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I trust tru 2 form without ever hearing their name before this post, a lot more than any dealership I've ever been to.

Dealerships are the biggest pieces of shit in existence. Ask to see the cars they have been working on before you walked in and see if you approve of the job they've done. If so you can probably trust them. The novice paint and body examiner will benefit from looking cars over with polarized glasses. I'm usually quick to spot half assed body work but when I'm wearing polarized glasses walking through a parking lot shit stands out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was the guy drunk?
I trust tru 2 form without ever hearing their name before this post, a lot more than any dealership I've ever been to.

Dealerships are the biggest pieces of shit in existence. Ask to see the cars they have been working on before you walked in and see if you approve of the job they've done. If so you can probably trust them. The novice paint and body examiner will benefit from looking cars over with polarized glasses. I'm usually quick to spot half assed body work but when I'm wearing polarized glasses walking through a parking lot shit stands out like a sore thumb.
Yea, I don't think I would take it to a dealership, but now I'm hesitant to take it to True2Form.

I know my father has taken his cars to a local place near me just called "The Body Shop"... original eh? Anyways, they seem to have done a great job repairing his 4 runner when some lady rear ended it and it was like $7k worth of damage, and also when his Supra was backed into.

It sounded like I could take it to where I'd like, but if I went that route then one of their adjusters would need to come out and look at it first. So I'm not sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts