Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from the junk yard today, on a narrow back road, doing 50 in a 45. my front right wheel got caught in the ditch, and i over corrected, and i cut my wheels to hard, and my car rolled once, landing on the roof. The officer that arrived @ the scene said i was going 54 in a 45, bs! he also gave me a ticket for: operating a motor vehicle in a manner not reasonable and proper=$218.90 fine, and a busted lude, just thought id let you guys know.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Shit that sucks Zelseman...man...WHY WHY WHY???

Sounds like you are okay though...are you?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hope your okay mang. tell me this how is getting your tire stuck in a ditch not reasonable or driving in a improper manner? fuckin cops, just because they have the authority they think they're above the law.

·
Registered
330 Posts
evoludersir said:
fuckin cops, just because they have the authority they think they're above the law.
Because they know that he can't prove what happened, and the cops have nothing better to do then abuse their authority whenever possible.

We are glad that you are ok, zelseman. Too bad about the Prelude. If she can be fixed, then do so, if not, then get another one and relive the Prelude experience.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
go to court about the ticket...

if they have no proof... you'll get off... easy as that... or at least thats the way it is here...

sorry about the car!

Hide it quick before butter buys it off of you! lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the car as well.

Now about the ticket. I forgot which thread it was, but one of us had very VERY useful information on how to dispute a ticket. Some form that you're supposed to request from the court. Disposition or something. I forgotten. But you can look around for the thread. Its not too old. And it was very very helpful. Should've been made a sticky for all of us to see haha. Our very own legal advice against stupid tickets.

Dont pay that ticket if he can not prove the speed. challenge it. Its bad enough about the loss of the car, now you have to pay the state/county? Give me a break.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cop said that since there was an accident, then he HAD to right a ticket, and he said that it is my duty as a driver to stay on the road, and that i failed that, so i would be punished...real dickhead. Im ok, nothing wrong at all. My car on the other hand has the front windshield, back window knocked out. My front bumper got ripped off,1 busted tailight, a dented trunk, dented rear panel, dented roof, blown passenger window, really jacked up hood, broken antenna, and much more...
Im ok, i guess thats all that matters, and im either gonna repair it, or part it out and buy another one, or a cb7, cant decide on which one. My uncle is a cop in our county, and he thinks he can talk to the DA and get the ticket off my record and to where i dont have to pay it. so its all good.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that sig kinda bothers me too...just a lil weird...my dad doesnt want me going down to try to see if it will start, cuz he doesnt want to mess anything else up if something is fried in the engine...blahblahblah...my dad doesnt know crap about cars, but were gonna tow it up to my house this weekend and begin the diagnosis...so stay tuned...and ill have pics this weekend as well.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just because 'pop' has moved on doesn't make his songs suddenly horrible. If you liked them back then, chances are you'll still like them now. Besides, aren't we all trapped in the 80's with our loverly 80's sportscars? :) :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
lmao just kiddin.....
i wish micheal kept makin songs as great as the ones on thriller and never went down the path to weird.... but i guess thats what happens sometimesd....

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i should have pics tomorow of my wrecked lude...:-( when i went and looked at my car today, i noticed that there was a 94 accord that had been parked next to it at a local shop...ironically i was on my way back from a junk yard, and i was looking for a 94 acoord lip kit...bluh!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i went and saw the lude, and it looks like i need a new:
hood
trunk lid
drivers side tailight
both headlights
drivers quater panel
both fenders
back glass
possibly front bumper
= buttload of body work
the only problem i saw with the engine, is when i went to start it, my timing belt(i assume is what goes around the right side of the motor) Isnt turning, and its making a kind of screeching sound...who knows, it will be at my house tommorow at 1, so ill have pics then.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts