Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... for future reference dont let girlfriends near the engine. I took my valve cover off and painted it today... looks real nice. However when i was putting it back on i was tightening the bolt on the back right side and my girlfriend was pushing on the valve cover real hard so i could get enough threads to screw it down and i heard a snap... later when i turned the car on it was vibrating like crazy. You could see the motor kinda bouncing... also when i started it it seemed to have trouble starting it kinda coughed and choked and then started up. What do you guys think i broke? mounts maybe?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Pop the valve cover back off and see if there's any loose bits or anything broken.

·
Registered
840 Posts
you could get your girlfriend to break dance on the damn thing there is NO WAY ull break the mounts.
what proly happened is you broke somtn and it fell inside the valve cover on top of the head. take it all off again and check it out.

also wtf ? why did it require for you to push down on the valve cover so hard? wtf did u seal it up with you own home made rubber? the gasket should allow the cover to go down PLENTY before you even have to struggle to get some thread to screw the nuts on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts