Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i did, but I got to keep most of the Mugen parts I had on it. Don't worry I'm buying and 01.

She's Gone By By 170K miles, hello 45K
Ill post some new pics when I pick the new one up.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Eluder said:
Yes i did, but I got to keep most of the Mugen parts I had on it. Don't worry I'm buying and 01.

She's Gone By By 170K miles, hello 45K
Ill post some new pics when I pick the new one up.

well, thats good that u kept most of ur parts, ur lude is really nice looking. but yeah, i got my lude a little over year ago with only 41k miles on, and im at about 54k miles right now and it's an 00.
good luck with ur new prelude

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
At least you're sticking with another Prelude

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i wish i could just sell my 97 with 140k, and get an 00 or 01 with 50k... i'll just stick to rebuilding everything :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
haha, compare to yours my lude is a little better, 98 lude 98k mile.
i want a new one also, i want a SH one. yup 170k, must let it go.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedlineVTEC said:
congrats on the upgrade, since you went for low miles were you considering doing a turbo?
yes, it is in the works. I have an extra JDM A1 block and head and block and knife edge crank lying around so i think im gonna play with some boost.I have to go to Mineral Wells Texas to get it. EBP, WWRS lip kit, Greddy EVO2 cat back, stock motor, leather, " prelude" embroidered in the bolsters, garage kept, never smoked in. They want 14K for it, but they wont get it form me. They have someone looking at it wednesday, if it doesnt sell, ill go down friday to pick it up. Wish me luck

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice, stick to the lude! I did basically the same thing a month ago except mines was high mileage and automatic and I bought a newer one thats manual and lower mileage. Felt much better, you'll love your newer lude! I still need to sell mines, if anyone is in CA, and want to buy a 97 lude fully stock for $4700 pm me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I almost did the opposite at one point. I had bought a '98 Base 5MT w/260k+ miles and at one point, I almost considered keeping it and selling my Type SH for money reasons. But in the end I decided to sell the high mileage base and keep my Type SH. I'm glad I did, but to be honest I wish I could have kept both. But I just didn't have the money back then, and space for 2 cars is always an issue. Every now and again, I consider getting a low-mileage 2001 EBP Type SH, but I love my car too much, and I doubt I'll find another 1-owner fully dealer serviced mint condition Prelude like mine, so I'll just hang onto mine. And besides, 'high' mileage doesn't hardly matter as much with these cars, my 265k Prelude proved that to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts