Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have anything to help I wanna do a all motor k24 with k20 heads paired with a s2000 transmission ik it’s gonna be a lot of work but is thare gonna be enough space for the rear drive shaft and should a just run a s2000 rear subframe for the diff and suspension but would it be possible to put the 4ws on my 3td gen because it doesn’t have it I feel like the diff and rear steer diff are gonna be about in the same spot

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Rwd 3rd gens have been done
K swapped 3rd gens have been done

Unsure if both at the same time, but doable with enough time, paitence, knowledge and money.

Honestly, if you have to ask if there is enough room or what will fit, you're not ready for such a project. Just dive in a figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rwd 3rd gens have been done
K swapped 3rd gens have been done

Unsure if both at the same time, but doable with enough time, paitence, knowledge and money.

Honestly, if you have to ask if there is enough room or what will fit, you're not ready for such a project. Just dive in a figure it out.
Ik there’s gonna be space for the motor and tranny I was more or less wondering if thares gonna be space back by the diff for 4ws because I don’t have a 4ws unit on mine and I don’t know much in how they connect and how much space they take up, there should be plenty of space in under the hood for a k24 and it looks to be enough of a tunnel for the tranny but the diff was one of my only concerns

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
If a 4ws nsx can be done, i don't see why not.

Give it a shot. Worst case you can say you tried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If a 4ws nsx can be done, i don't see why not.

Give it a shot. Worst case you can say you tried.
Thanks for the confidence boost but it should be cool unique car that’s almost one of a kind, I plan on putting come cool tech in a old car 11 grand all motor screamer rwd with 4ws and ik it’s not Honda tech prolly gonna be the only thing a Chevy exhaust node changer so it weather I wanna get pulled over or not........ should be a long fun/frustrating road

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
680 Posts
Are you making a tunnel of some sort for the driveshaft to ride in? There has to be somewhere for it to go....and I'm not aware that there is anywhere. The hump the shifter sits in only goes partway back with the exhaust, and then 90s off towards the passenger side of the car, then again towards the back. Also, I don't believe the firewall is configured to allow room for a RWD transmission, so some cutting and shaping will likely have to be done. Now, the 4ws shaft rides above all this, so you might be ok to have both at the same time, but like you were saying, it depends on the where the diff pumpkin has to go....I unfortunately don't have the answers for that - I'm not sure where you're going to put any of the RWD setup, to be honest, but it has been done before - I remember seeing the thread for it. However, I don't imagine it was done without a cutting torch and a welder. There's probably LOADS of custom work to be done to make that work. Sounds super cool, though! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts