Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive taken on what seems to be an insermountable task. Pulling and rebuilding my b21. Motor has 150,000 miles and i think i threw a rod so its rebuild time. Problem is i have no idea what im doing. Im to the point now where ive got to pull intake and exhaust manifolds but can not seem to get them off even after removing all the bolts from top side and 2 from the bottom of the intake. obviously im missing something. Please help if you can and warn me of other problems to come.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
on most hondas the intake and exhaust manifolds have a support bracket that bolts to the block.

you might need to remove them still.

intake side....#17 or #18

exhaust side....#1 or #2

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the supports on the intake manifold and ithink five on the manifold itself but that bitch is stuck on there and ive given up for the day.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i got the supports on the intake manifold and ithink five on the manifold itself but that bitch is stuck on there and ive given up for the day.
from the look of the diagram picture #12, you have taken off 5 bolts on top and 2 bolts off the support bracket. if you look at the intake manifold gasket, there are 9 holes for bolts total. 5 on top and 4 on the bottom. plus the 2 brackets you already took off.

same way for the exhaust manifold picture #6. 2 for bracket and 4 on top, 5 on bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts