Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
If your in america, you should be able to get new ones free from the dealer, there is a lifetime warrenty on seatbelts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bobnova said:
If your in america, you should be able to get new ones free from the dealer, there is a lifetime warrenty on seatbelts.
no kidding! any details on this? have to be the orginal owner? my drivers seat belt wont latch any more.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MonteC said:
no kidding! any details on this? have to be the orginal owner? my drivers seat belt wont latch any more.
I went to honda, you dont have to be the original owner. They don't care who owns it, they just want your money =P

It was $20 for the driver side latch, and $45 for the passenger. And they needed the VIN number for one of the seat belt latches (they said so they could verify it would work with my car)

I was guessing the stealership would want some crack head prices for the seat belts ($100+ lol) But I was wrong, and they ordered em fairly cheap

edit: ooh he said free, nah not free, but they are fairly cheap
re-edit: maybe you get free ones if your old ones are worn out, but I didn't have old ones period.. The old owner removed them to install racing seats, even though the racing seats don't affect the stock seat belts.. (he even left he stock seat belts in with no receiver, thats the weird part)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Towlieee said:
I went to honda, you dont have to be the original owner. They don't care who owns it, they just want your money =P

It was $20 for the driver side latch, and $45 for the passenger. And they needed the VIN number for one of the seat belt latches (they said so they could verify it would work with my car)

I was guessing the stealership would want some crack head prices for the seat belts ($100+ lol) But I was wrong, and they ordered em fairly cheap

re-edit: maybe you get free ones if your old ones are worn out, but I didn't have old ones period.. The old owner removed them to install racing seats, even though the racing seats don't affect the stock seat belts.. (he even left he stock seat belts in with no receiver, thats the weird part)

cool 20 bucks isnt bad, ill have to check that out. although i still have mine it just wont latch anymore. its really bugging me.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
They screwed you, it should have been free.
They have a lifetime unconditional warrenty.

Towlieee said:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bobnova said:
They screwed you, it should have been free.
They have a lifetime unconditional warrenty.
Does a unconditional warrenty mean they have to give you NEW ones without the old ones?

Ya my craftsman tools have a lifetime warrenty, but I can't just walk into sears and ask for my tools.. I gotta provide the non working/broken tool to get a new one..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Recall

:thumbs-up: I had my receivers replaced under a factory recall. They were replaced for free by my local honda dealer just a few months ago. A dealer can not refuse to do the recall unless the vin number has been registered by honda as having the recall completed

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Towlieee said:
Does a unconditional warrenty mean they have to give you NEW ones without the old ones?

Ya my craftsman tools have a lifetime warrenty, but I can't just walk into sears and ask for my tools.. I gotta provide the non working/broken tool to get a new one..
Unconditional means you bring the car to them, they fix the seat belts, no questions other then VIN asked, and no money.

You can expect them to "find" other "problems" that "must be" fixed though. Ignore them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts