Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My job just released me bc business was so slow, on top of that Hatteras Yachts just laid off half of there workers in town, so its real hard to find a job let alone a good paying one. I have enough $ to last me for a couple of months, but if I'm not able to find a job I'll be forced to sell the Lude:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very sorry to here that about your job man. I hope you find something soon...

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
The problem with that is even if you want to sell your lude the odds of selling it fast or parting it out are becoming extremely difficult. The reason why, that is everyones solution right now. Sell off belongings hoping to make money. You would be better off to just cover the car up for the mean time if it comes down to that and keep your car.

In the mean time spend your money very wisely and cut down on driving until you get another job. Once that happens you'll still have your car. What is worse? Having a car parked for a while while you have no money or selling your car for less than you want or what its worth to survive a little longer and then sink lots more money into a new car. It is a really bad cycle that seems to get alot of people.

Believe me, if you own the car you have nothing to worry about if you don't have a lean against it. Creditors can't take it unless you file bankruptcy. It is alot easier to survive on very little than you would think. You just have to learn to control you spending.

I would suggest relentless job searching everyday until you secure a job. For now, get a job that you might even not really enjoy. It will tie you over until the economy stablizes a bit.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Ahhh so you do owe money on the car? How much? I strongly suggest you go get a job right now even if it is one you hate and pay the remaining of the car off asap. You can look at it this way. You are either going to pay the car off and keep the car and not have to worry about losing it or one of the following will happen. You will miss payments and lose the car, or you will sell the car and have no car. Either of those choices lead to no more car.

Best of luck to you. hopefully everything sorts itself out.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^yeah im with you man, that sucks... is a mcdonalds or burger king or anything hiring at all... i do whatever i could to make it threw right now... this whole situation sucks with the economy

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^^^^^No, I was trying to get another job in the automotive field, but no one is hiring. I got some friends who can et me a job at shlotzkys or waffle house (night shift 9pm-7am:( ) and I got my hopes on advanced auto parts and Honda.

Between my friends Im the one who normally has my head straight so its hard to talk about this to them, so I got to say thanks for all the advice and support.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
I would personally look into construction if i were you. The pay will most likely be higher than automotive jobs and you will probably be able to get more hours than your previous job. The work is a little tiring and def. not the best but you'll make decent money and be able to survive until things get better. Plus, you can pay your car off quickly.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
Thats what I'm planning on doing...The problem is I have an auto loan so if I miss a payment the car is gone along with my credit which is low bc of my age. Is it illegal to hide it from the repo man.

dang man i sorry to hear that you got laid off...
its happening to everyone now a days it seems. keep you head up and youll get threw it, WITH your lude.

and the repo thing..
i had a friends dad who would park his car in a fashion where they couldnt get a tow truck to get it.(like between his garage and this wall, but parked it straight across where his front was facing the wall and rear facing the garage.lol) so they would just leave and come again and he would just park that same way everyday. lol he ended up selling it and was able to pay them, before they could take it.. lol

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
it is illegal to hide it from the repo man but my friend has done it about 4 times and then they finally called and threatened to take him to jail if he didnt bring the car to them. so you might can get away with a few times but after that they will call you and threaten you.

you may think its a joke but try here: http://www.taketheglobe.com/index.php?page=advertise&ar=bryanr

ive been there for about 2 months and have made $217.00 with 71 refferals. They are doing some reconstruction right now but it should be back to normal after this month. Im still on the fence about whether its a scam or not but im supposed to be getting paid $21.00 sometime this month so when they send me that then i will believe but until then im still kinda iffy about the site. Hey its worth a shot. im still a standard member on there though. once you upgrade to premium you get double the money and you get 5 free referrals. the key to making alot of money is to have alot of referrals. you can get them by buying them. once they send me my $21 and i see that its not a scam then i will invest money but as of right now i havnt gave them a penny. idk but just try it man. go read the success stories. thousands of people have been paid and this one guy just got $70,000. here is my stats after 2 months:

just try it out. you will get hooked. and i will let you know when they pay me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
it took me about 11 months before I found my real job when i was job searching back in 05. I had to work couple of shitty jobs and lived on a tight budget (spending less than $50/month) beside rent. it freaking suck ass hope i never have to go back lol on the bright side i had a lot of free time to fuck around lol.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^ The problem with NC is construction companys are going out of business, so there not looking for any help.
yeah construction is suffering many places right now cause well if theres no money to buy car parts, or food or whatever... then more than likely ppl arent going to be building right now... but the waffle house and stuff you were talkin about will be a good get by for now at least

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
ill tell you this much......the auto body business isnt dropping off by any means......i pulled 53 hrs last week....and that was me not putting in alot of hrs. I say try em out. I mean as bad as the econo is ppl are more willing to keep there cars rather than just buy a new one

·
Registered
109 Posts
ill tell you this much......the auto body business isnt dropping off by any means......i pulled 53 hrs last week....and that was me not putting in alot of hrs. I say try em out. I mean as bad as the econo is ppl are more willing to keep there cars rather than just buy a new one
my cousin works at a body shope and they are strickly doin accidents now.. he is constantly busy
id say a good job if your interested in that stuff

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry to hear about you being laid off, the same thing happened to me a few months back. Now I'm working at a pizza place. Trying to get something better, but you're in New Bern, it's hard to believe there's nothing available down there.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah theres a paint guy in our club and his body shop is workin harder now then he was this time last year... i guess most ppl still have car insurance and will use free money (kinda) to fix their cars and stuff lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
how did you get a car loan on a car that old? i tried getting one and they said they wouldnt give me a loan for a car older than 03

1 - 20 of 22 Posts