Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i got my cold air in the mail the other day, i had to buy the integra one and modify it wasnt to hard = )) I also polished the inside of the pipeing to make better air flow =DD.

And if i was to decide to start making cold air intakes for our car's who all would be interested?? I would cut and polish all the pipeing like i did on mine of course.. Just an idea.. if enought people are interested ill start a list.

Last but not least here are some pics of before and after =D
The left is before polishing inside the right is after, much much smoother.

·
Registered
758 Posts
what did u used to reach way in there when polishing?? just curious cuz that looks like a good idea to do before i put mine together after my battery relocation

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
thats looks real nice I wonder how much that helps with power when you clean the inside like that

·
Registered
276 Posts
You call this a CAI ??? When it is in front of the radiator ? Nice thinking ! And why buy one from you when we can get the same thing off ebay for the same price and DIY. Only take the time to cut it out and relocate the batt. Then you will have a real CAI !

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wanna borrow my whip and call him Toby while you're at it, Pdx?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Its alot better then a short ram like the one that was on my car. Or my other car only has a fillter and no pipe.

·
Premium Member
16,912 Posts
Basically its a knock off of the LSDmotorsports.com CAI. Nice try though, there are a few that have done it this way.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
what the hell is the benefit of a long ram intake VS. a short ram anyways?

im curious cause i only have a short ram...

·
UNNATURAL HEIGHTS
1,534 Posts
You need to run it by tomorrow so I can see it.
You should also tell everyone your $40 splurge..

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aight well fuck all the negative comments keep them to your selfs first off = DD.
And actually this did and does help with power a whole hell of alot more then a short ram, and gives it a better sound while at it.

The pipe polishing i have pictures to make i write up i just havent gotten time to make it yet, i will make it tomorrow and ill pm the url to whoever is interested.

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also my if you werent blind u would see my battery is relocated!!! = O
;D

and again please keep negative feed back to your self... I thought the forum was for people helping people, spreading ideas, and ect... guess not.. half u people are fucking negative all the time..

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
and again please keep negative feed back to your self...
You're always going to get some neg comments on a PUBLIC forum.
Especially if they are totally warranted.

I thought the forum was for people helping people, spreading ideas, and ect... guess not.. half u people are fucking negative all the time..
Well yes in most aspects.
But would you rather be sat in your own little mind thinking everything you do is great or face the reality that some of it may not be. Some people find negative comments help them progress and learn.
Others ignore those realities because they are far too easily upset.

Summary: with no-one ever giving negative comments nothing would ever evolve to be better!

so in that fashion...
that is not actually a cold ait intake. It is a long ram intake.
Polishing the inside of the intake pipe has probably (and I'm beign genrous here) gained you about 0.1% increase in power. Possibly.
I'd spend time doing something more worthwhile myself.

Nice job on making yourself a new intake though.
It's almost the same as lots of others that have been around for years but good job all the same.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts