Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving down the highway at 65-70 when all of all sudden the tach drops to 0 and its still in gear. i tried to start it and it had the fuck you the timing belt just broke sound. so i am selling it for 500 bucks.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am in nc and i'm only 26. screw giving it away i could scrap it for 300 or part it for way more than that. the interior is mint, the outside is not in bad shape. not a bit of rust on it. brand new radiator and thermostat. i feel it is worth 500 as it sits.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Is the interior black?? I need a right (pass) rear side panel also what year is yours?

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nevermind i read it wrong

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You should be ban for saying that lol

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
How many miles were on the belt?

The only person I would be mad at would be myself, if I neglected to repair an item that i didn't personally install. AKA, I don't even trust the previous owner's word when it comes to timing belts. But, I suppose its easier to blame the car.

·
Premium Member
16,911 Posts
so im driving down the highway at 65-70 when all of all sudden the tach drops to 0 and its still in gear. i tried to start it and it had the fuck you the timing belt just broke sound. so i am selling it for 500 bucks.
You give up to easliy my friend, our cars need some TLC due to their age, but once everything has been replaced or rebuilt you will be good as new...

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you had some 3 gen folks in your area you could prolly get some interest. Heck if you were in my area, I might be interested

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

do your self 2 favors.

1. slap yourself... done? ok lets move on...
2. just grab a 10mm socket and pull the VC just to make sure it is actually the timing belt... ive heard blown head gaskets sound like missed timing.

i mean it could be worth your 5mins to save the whole damn car...

maybe your timing just jumped due to shitty timing tensioner...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Pics and info(S or Si, 4WS?)! I'll make a trip if the car was worth it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the interior is black. it is a 5 speed. its a 91 si. the timing belt is only a couple thousand miles old. i watched the shop put it on for the previous owner. i have an 84 300zx that i am putting a 2jz in, an 87 300zx that i am doing a turbo swap on and an 83 280z that i am restoring i don't have time to work on a fwd 4 cylinder. the motor is trash. it has 260000 miles on it burns way to much oil. the previous owner paid 2000 for it put 1000 or so miles on it i traded a jeep cherokee for it and put about 1500 miles on it. i helped him change the brakes when he got it. the back pads are so tiny. i put a brand new radiator and thermostat in it 200 miles ago. it has brand new cv axles. i dont have any pics of the interior yet but i will get them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.