Honda Prelude Forum banner

I hate ice.

1K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Snyda 
#1 · (Edited)
So last night i was driving in a grocery store parking lot and i hit a patch of ice, and my car slid into a 02 altima, and fucked my passenger side fender and head light up.

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. I hate driving on ice too. But front fenders are easy to replace. Headlights are a little more difficult to get lined up right, depending on the damage. How about pictures so we can see how bad the damage is, and how much work it will be to fix?

#3 ·
Ah, it is the most wonderful time of the year....not really. That sucks, I hate ice. Some questions, was the altima parked? Did you just drive off? If no, what did he/she say? I request more details.

#5 · (Edited)
ill post some pics up later when i get home.
And the head light is pretty much toast, its all bent and tweaked, the bezel that goes around the glass it broke, um i believes the headlight mount it self got bent.

Ah, it is the most wonderful time of the year....not really. That sucks, I hate ice. Some questions, was the altima parked? Did you just drive off? If no, what did he/she say? I request more details.
His car was parked by his appartment in the store parking lot, and he ran out when he heard it. We swapped info and i left. I thought about driving off but he ran outside to fast, and he pretty much said shit happens.

#6 ·
And another thing is i cant afford this right now which sucks the most, within the past 6 months my lifes gone to shit, mom and stepdad break up, we get a house then a friend moves in fucked us over and then we had to end out lease on the house, my girlfriend leaves me. I ended up living at friend'es housed for 3 months then my mom moves to eugene, my dad is a ass whole, so im 18 still in school, tryin to live on my own, and last week i got layed off, now this...

#7 ·
last night i was driving down a country road and forgot there was ice there and it was snowing a little and was daydreaming a bit and needless to say i spun (back and forth a few times) and finally hit the ditch, the lude is ok, just needed to scrape the snow out of the rad and a bunch flew under the hood somehow, but seems fine, luckily was close to a friends house and they came and pulled me out

#9 ·
the slope was slight bit i went about 20' into it so i was about 4' or more lower than the road, only about a foot or so of snow tho, i was quite lucky, hit a space between trees and stuff, this is my only mode of transportation and if i wreck it, i'm screwed for another car, so i'll be thanking the mad upstairs for the outcome

#13 · (Edited)
true that, lol. yeah dont jinx it, it could happen.. Not saying it will. nock on wood.. O an im uploading pics right now. O yeah and i just now relized their is a clank when ever i hit the breaks. sounds like a motor mount or something, idk.. anyone have any ideas what it could be? I also just relized it even fucked the driver side mounts up.

#16 ·
yeah its totally diff. when u are actually standing next to it and looking at it. And the bumper mounts are all tweaked and shit which sucks, also idk what it could be but the clank in the motor bay when i hit my breaks, kinda weird. and also the head lights mounts and housing are all tweaked and bent so idk. i hope it dosnt cost to much cause i dont want to have to claim it totalled.

#18 ·
Your carrying full coverage on this? If you claim it they probably won't total it with the damage that your pictures show. It isn't difficult to replace bumper mounts if they are tweaked. The area that the headlight mounts to is not terribly difficult to straighten if it is bent.

#19 ·
danm you got some big pics im on a 65inch tv and still had to zoom out 50% lol
It dont look to bad i would try and get a fender and a headlight out of a junk yard
spray paint it red if you have to tell you get money to get it painted

#21 ·
Yeah i know someone who owns a body shop, so im gunna just see about getting it done their. I might even just fix the whole damn front, my driver side is wacked up from the last owner, dumbass didnt know how to use chains they also pushed a shopping cart into a spot on the hood. fucking moron... lol

#26 ·
Sorry to hear, dude. That sux. I hit a deer at night, two months ago and it was a little worse than than... My insurance covered it tho. Good luck and keep us posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.