Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and a friend we on our way to avance auto parts to get oil when we saw a buddy of ours had got into an accident with his srt4.
heres what happened:
there are two lanes, he is going straight, a lady pulls out in front of him in the right lane (where he was) and so he swerved into the left hand lane. she did too trying to get out of his way so he hits the back of her and slides over to the other side of the road, hits someone else in the oppoisite direction, then hits the curb pretty hard and stops.
after all this whos fault do you think this is? the lady right? wrong. it was my buddys.
the two douche ass cops we talked to were hardly trained and acted like they had no idea what was goin on.
here is some pics of the car (the lugs are still attached, the whole middle of the wheel is broken out)

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's always the car enthusiasts fault. Didn't you know that? Anyone with the slightest mods is going to be blamed for reckless driving because of those damn Fast and the Furious movies.. lmao..

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Makes sense to me. She was pulling out onto the road and he went into the left lane and hit her? Maybe I'm not reading it right, but it seems to me like it is your buddy's fault.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense to me. She was pulling out onto the road and he went into the left lane and hit her? Maybe I'm not reading it right, but it seems to me like it is your buddy's fault.
no sorry i was mad when i was typeing. she pulled out in front of him and they both went to the left lane to avoid each other

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
I've almost had that exact same situation happen to me. Dumb ass thinks it's ok to pull out right in front of you if they quickly cut into the other lane, of course there is no way for you to know that's what they are planning so you try to avoid them by going into the same lane.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In my opinion it was the lady's fault and your friend should take it to court because she did fail to yield. But wow what happen to the right tire amazes me lol

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
oh I see what happened, she pulled thinking she could get into the left lane letting your friend go by in the right lane? I know at least in NY if you rear end someone its your fault, even though he did have the right away it kind of sounds like he just shot over in the left lane as soon as she came out instead of just hitting the brakes and probably avoiding her. It sucks what happened and I'm not sure who's fault it is but it sounds like it could have been avoidable if he just braked instead of switching lanes.

good luck for your friend

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
YEA but still when its close encounters like that its hard to think fast and his thinking told him to get into the other lane before he braked just a simple mistake but she was at fault in my mind so i wish the best for ur friend he needs to take her impatient ass to court
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well depending on how fast he was going.. Slamming on brakes could've been more dangerous than just trying to avoid her.. If the speed limit is like 45 and hes going the speed limit.. and she pulls out right in front of him.. braking isnt gonna do much.

·
SHELL SHOCK!
832 Posts
1st of all, your friend was driving a neon... he should have just t-boned her and got a new car from her incurance. She would have been at fault for entering into traffic. The bullshit is though, that he swerved and rear ended her. AUTOMATICALLY your friends fault. The police don't give a fuck about what happened, it's what can be proven. If the lady is too much of a bitch to stand up and say she is a dumbass that can't drive, and take resposibility, then your friend is taking the rap on this. 2ndly, her incurance more than likely is going to tell her to keep blame off herself, keep her driving record clear of fault, keep her premium down, and let the youth of America (who is always at fault irregardless) take all the heat. Good luck, and tell your friend to get a Lude.

(Just want to say, I have nothing against people that drive neon's, they are just not my car of choice. Thanks.)

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
So the police are at fault because your friend rear-ended the woman who failed to yield the right-of-way? :rolleyes: It sucks, but that's exactly why you don't swerve into other lanes to avoid an accident (unless it would be serious) when other vehicles are on the road.

If you swerve and cause an accident while avoiding the initial situation, I'm sorry, but it will usually be your fault.

Come on, everyone join the bandwagon! F the police! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sucks for your friends.. I was learning how to drive with my dad and i had someone pull out in front of me and i swerverd in the other lane, my dad bitched me out for like 20 minutes saying 1. brake and let them in when they pull out or 2. if they pull out infront/cut u off and u hit them they are at fault... dunno bout your state though.. Id take it to court...

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Sucks.

One thing I have learned in all my years of driving: The only time you should swerve to miss something is if you are about be hit head on by another vehicle. In almost every other situation braking is your best option. I do NOT swerve for animals or pedestrians...I lock up the brakes and lay on the horn. I knew a girl who was killed when she swerved to miss a dog in the road and hit a tree at 50 mph.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The only time you should swerve to miss something is if you are about be hit head on by another vehicle. In almost every other situation braking is your best option. I do NOT swerve for animals or pedestrians...I lock up the brakes and lay on the horn. I knew a girl who was killed when she swerved to miss a dog in the road and hit a tree at 50 mph.
Yep, except deer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It was "technically" his fault for rear ending her, that's how it is in FL. But she should have gotten a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic. I blew my horn at this guy the other day who cut me off really-really close to my front bumper, rounding the next turn with a green light he mashes the gas and then immediatly the brakes and I bumped him. My fault. I asked the cop, "So if we pull out of here and I pull in front of him and slam my brakes and he hits me it's his fault?" She said "yes".

EDIT: Also I tried to explain how he just cut me off and he slammed his brakes on purpose. She kept interrupting me and wouldn't let me speak to tell me she doesn't care, that is a "separate incident".

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
^ Yup. This is why I constantly tell my friends to STOP TAILGATING someone who is driving like a jackass. If you hit them in the rear, it's almost always your fault, doesn't matter if them driving reckless was actually the cause. If you ride a motorcycle your driving improves because you start to anticipate what another driver will do and by assuming that the other driver is going to do the stupidest possible thing you will stay out of accidents because your always ready to react to other drivers stupid moves.

·
Registered
567 Posts
^ Yup. This is why I constantly tell my friends to STOP TAILGATING someone who is driving like a jackass. If you hit them in the rear, it's almost always your fault, doesn't matter if them driving reckless was actually the cause. If you ride a motorcycle your driving improves because you start to anticipate what another driver will do and by assuming that the other driver is going to do the stupidest possible thing you will stay out of accidents because your always ready to react to other drivers stupid moves.
Yeah I have a road rage issue. I actually mashed the gas AFTER I hit him and pushed his car a couple feet. :burn:He got in my face but I was so calm I think he got scared cause he was like "nah I ain't gunna hit you, you want me to hit you" HELL YEAH! Then I can beat the living shit out of you in 'self-defense'!!!!!:devil: I had even told the 911 operator I thought the guy was going to try and fight me that way I had proof he did it first.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
^^lol damn... I had some old man merge on a 2 lane highway going 35mph. Im behind him and we slowly ease in and the left lane is packed cant worm my way in. Then all of a sudden this oldman slams his brakes for no reason no car in front of him... I almost hit him, the guy behind me in some big ass F250 swerves to the right shoulder to miss me blows his horn like its my fault... I pass the guy when the left lane opens and blew my horn... I look over and this guy was pretty much chest on the steering wheel, all up on the dash prolly shouldnt even been drving at night or at all...

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
Well depending on how fast he was going.. Slamming on brakes could've been more dangerous than just trying to avoid her.. If the speed limit is like 45 and hes going the speed limit.. and she pulls out right in front of him.. braking isnt gonna do much.

you're joking right? How would slamming on the brakes be more dangerous than swerving? He did swerve, hit her, lost control and went into on coming traffic versus slamming the brakes and hitting her traveling at a much slower speed. I agree with JLude 100% its always safer to just hit the brakes than swerve to avoid something.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts