Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Nice... i wish the pictures were larger, so i could see for a fact that its the right item/fit; not that i would buy it or anything though - booooooosssst

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Weapon R has been makin intakes for our ludes. They have the newer Weapon R secret intake out waaayyyy better then the regular dragon filter one.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
those have been around and are WAAAY overpriced. youre basically paying $60 more than the integra cai. And the integra cai with a better filter will out flow that.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Weapon-R makes good stuff, intakes i always liked their style...

This would sit right in front of the battery...still engine air...hot too...

not bad...would rather get ebay special Ls intake for cheaper.

·
Registered
97 Posts
can anyone find a part number

i work at lordco and if u can mabey i can track one down and got my price on it

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
flylwsi said:
um, who cares?
it's not worth it.

mod an ebay intake, for cheaper.
and it'll have a better filter than that POS WR intake.

sorry.
this is SO old news.
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a Weapon-R intake?

--J

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Import_Tuna said:
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a Weapon-R intake?

--J
of course not. his is custom fabbed.

i have one of these weapon R intakes. got it very cheap from some canadian lude site. revised my 'elbo' so it points down, not over to the battery (a/c crap was in my way).

change the filter... the foam one sucks.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Tell me more, CADster.

--J

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
A short ram is a short ram, and no turning of it will get colder air then the integra CAI.

I tried the short ram bit for a while, and while it was slightly better then stock, i ran into detonation problems due to the high heat levels (this is with it turned down, mind you) on hot days. Now i have a teg CAI, no more heat issues.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
I guess ppl just don't understand..... They still think our cars are just like civics and integras.... slapping a short ram on our cars wont due much at all. We have very hot engine bays. Hell having the filter sit right infront of the radiator like the modified LS intake is still not as a good setup as a CAI going into the fender. (eh... bumper cover) I've tried both setups and the ludespeed technique has by far been the best for me. Though I haven't tried a ram air effect, or something similar to Fly's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
I managed to get mine low enough and far enough forward so that it sits in the pocket next to the radiator under the battery, and sticks down under the crossmember a bit.

As good as in the wheel well? Doubt it, pretty damn close? Bet so, haven't rewired megasquirt to work with the honda TDC sensor yet though, so no IAT confirmation.

Short rams aren't any better for integras then they are for us.
Civics maybe a tiny bit, D series motors don't put out the heat a B does.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.