Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of the lude in her younger days and thought you guys might enjoy them.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
more details on the box contraption under the hood...
It's some sort of intercooler. Other than that, I dunno lol

Looks good, man!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
clean 3g... those are starting to grow on me

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Looks like you still had a/c at the time. You've came a long way, keep up the great work!

Where did you put your fusebox to make room for that water-air intercooler?

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like you still had a/c at the time. You've came a long way, keep up the great work!
That was just before I took out the A/C around 2000/2001.

Where did you put your fusebox to make room for that water-air intercooler?
Its under the black hose to the left side of the intercooler. You can barely see it.

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice! Id perfer one of those intercoolers than the regular one
I did too but the problems out weighed the benifits. No room under the hood, the heat exchanger would freeze in the winter and break, water pump kept going out rendering it useless.............

n8jigga said:
nice pics wayne, she has come along way.......i liked her with the si's on it
I think they were perfect too but at only 5" wide I could never get traction in any gear.

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well cold temps arent an issue here. what car was that intercooler off?
I dont know where your at but it was 30* when I got up this morning and I believe that is below freezing. The heat exchanger is whats on the front of the car and all that is is a thin aluminum tranny cooler.

The intercooler didnt come on any car. It was a custom set up. If you are interested in going that direction just google water to air intercoolers and you will come across plenty of info and dealers. Its actually a really cool set up but there are a lot of maintenence issues that I didnt want to deal with.

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i hear ya they are some skinnys, were those first pics taken in wisconsin, looks to green to be az
Shelbyville Kentucky in front of my first house I bought which you cant see because its to the right of the picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts