Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some cheap LEDs and wired them up today, they were way too bright when they were aimed downwards and also had alot of hotspots, but i pointed them towards the dash and they dimmed down quite a bit. They look blue in the picture, but theyre actually white.

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, its an easy mod that costs about 10 bucks, id reccomend it ;)

plus if you drop something on the floor it helps bigtime, and surprisingly, they arent very distracting

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have them comming on with the head lights or doors ?

looks nice
Thanks man. And they run off of their own switch, but i should figure out which wire to splice with for them to come on with the headlights, that would be cool. But as of right now theyre on their own switch

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its beter to have them on there own swich becouse some times you might not want them on
Yeah i was thinking the same thing.

One time my buddy got pulled over and couldnt turn his off. The cop gave him a ticket instead of just a warning because he said the lights were causing a distraction to his focus on the road

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your friend got a ticket for a cop who said his UNDER DASH LEDs distracted him from the road? What a joke that is and what a dick that cop must be.

Forgot to add I do like the look they give off, I will be doing this mod with some blue ones!

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice, looks good. Personaly think it look better if that accents matched the dash lights

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your friend got a ticket for a cop who said his UNDER DASH LEDs distracted him from the road? What a joke that is and what a dick that cop must be.

Forgot to add I do like the look they give off, I will be doing this mod with some blue ones!
Yeah, the cop said it was too much light inside the cabin or something. It was the end of the month, so thats probably why.

Cant wait to see yours, post pics when your done :)

nice, looks good. Personaly think it look better if that accents matched the dash lights
Yeah, they kind of match the radio though, so i went with them. It looks better in person as well.

I just wasnt sure how orange leds would look under the dash, i figured the bluish white would be a more "pure" look if you know what i mean

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Looks good, I want to do something like this but am lazy plus it's tooo cold.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nevermind about the write up found it. Missed it the first time i searched. Thanks anyway
No problem, i did basically the same exact thing as jlude, but i used 3 individual LEDs on each side, spaced out evenly, then pointed up towards the dash.

I actually got them for walmart, theyre actually license plate frame LED bolts haha, but they are nice and bright and do a good job. Grand total of like 13 bucks for 6 LEDs, i might have been able to get them cheaper online, but i got them and installed them within the same day, worth it for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks for the write up
those do look nice..ive been wanting to do this mod for some time but I have too many different ideas and cant decide on one. has anyone used blue cold cathodes that can tell me if theyre too bright? deciding if i want the 12" or 4" tube or if i should just go LED..thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts