Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made it a whole six months without a 3rd gen. :lol: I wasn't really looking for another one but I kind of stumbled across a 91 Si ALB with a blown engine. The price was right, and since I still have a spare b20a sitting in my garage it was pretty much a no brainer for me. So I went to Wenatchee, looked the car over, paid the seller $400, and dragged it back across the state to my garage. It's completely bone stock. I haven't taken any pics yet, but it's white, with the stock white sawblades with brand new tires. There is zero rust in this car, which is really the main reason I bought it. The interior is a 9 out of 10, missing only the clock cover, rear-view mirror cover, and the stock floor mats. I have a clock with cover and mirror cover so those aren't an issue. I'll probably just buy some aftermarket floor mats.

I realize that this is probably only a big deal to me, and the rest of you probably couldn't care less, LOL. But I figured that since I still post here I might as well let you all know that I at least own a 3rd gen again. :grin: I'll add some pics if I get a chance, but right now it's sitting up on jack stands getting ready to receive it's new power plant.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
No, we couldn't care less.

But you know it's the sensible option.
;-)
:emthup:

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
I dont understand why you sold your other lude in the first place???? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
So two ludes in the family. Nice snag Mike. It's spendy but if you want to spend a 1/4 of what you did for the car you could treat yourself to the loyds mats. I highly recommend them. I miss mine. I put them up for the rainy season and they got berried in boxes. Pics of my mats are in the F.A.Q. towards the bottom in the aftermarket interior section. I think Mike is just trying to get everybody in his family own a 3rd gen because he likes working on them so much! :p

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont understand why you sold your other lude in the first place???? :dontknow:
Good question Sean. When I figure that out I'll let you know LOL. Actually, I didn't plan on buying another one, but like I said above, the right deal came along.

So two ludes in the family. Nice snag Mike. It's spendy but if you want to spend a 1/4 of what you did for the car you could treat yourself to the loyds mats. I highly recommend them. I miss mine. I put them up for the rainy season and they got berried in boxes. Pics of my mats are in the F.A.Q. towards the bottom in the aftermarket interior section. I think Mike is just trying to get everybody in his family own a 3rd gen because he likes working on them so much! :p
Thanks for the recommendation Kevin. I have a set of floor mats that I had made over 8 years ago. They are one of I think 3 sets which say Prelude and 4ws on them. I don't remember if they are Lloyd's or another brand, but Honda forced them to stop using their trademarked font and words. I have never installed them in my car other than to take pics, so I'm reluctant to use them. I'll probably just buy another set to use in this car.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
yeah those were nice! Not Lloyd's but very nice.

·
Registered
532 Posts
New car

Glad you found another one.
As you might have seen I finally bought a white '91 ALB sight unseen awhile back and got SCREWED !
They said no rust and "drive it away".
Rust under paint, brakes completely junk, ALB no workie, not enough compression, needs all engine service, A/C lasted 100 mi., window tint junk, all stereo speakers broken, stereo no workie ..........

Cheers
nigel

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I saw that. Buying a car sight unseen is a bit too risky for me to do. I've been told too many lies about cars that I was able to see to trust anyone enough to buy a car without seeing it first-hand. I had the chance to check this car out before I bought it, so I knew exactly what I was buying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Post pics, and congratulations on picking up another 3rd gen. I sure do miss owning a 3rd gen. Some day, though I will own one. I will never sell it, not like my old one :/

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Posts like this are what keep my in my lude, and not selling it toward a 4wd like all my friends have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I made it a whole six months without a 3rd gen. :lol: I wasn't really looking for another one but I kind of stumbled across a 91 Si ALB with a blown engine. The price was right, and since I still have a spare b20a sitting in my garage it was pretty much a no brainer for me. So I went to Wenatchee, looked the car over, paid the seller $400, and dragged it back across the state to my garage. It's completely bone stock. I haven't taken any pics yet, but it's white, with the stock white sawblades with brand new tires. There is zero rust in this car, which is really the main reason I bought it. The interior is a 9 out of 10, missing only the clock cover, rear-view mirror cover, and the stock floor mats. I have a clock with cover and mirror cover so those aren't an issue. I'll probably just buy some aftermarket floor mats.

I realize that this is probably only a big deal to me, and the rest of you probably couldn't care less, LOL. But I figured that since I still post here I might as well let you all know that I at least own a 3rd gen again. :grin: I'll add some pics if I get a chance, but right now it's sitting up on jack stands getting ready to receive it's new power plant.
I'm not sure if you would be interested in a running b21a engine setup with a new gasket and seal kit and new water pump and timing. I bought a 90 lude and pulled the motor to do a rebuild. and my motor mounts were gone. but I had already bought the shit to rebuild it. I have an post on the forum with more info, and can email pics if your interested. I bought a k20 swap for my lude and cant use any of it.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure if you would be interested in a running b21a engine setup with a new gasket and seal kit and new water pump and timing. I bought a 90 lude and pulled the motor to do a rebuild. and my motor mounts were gone. but I had already bought the shit to rebuild it. I have an post on the forum with more info, and can email pics if your interested. I bought a k20 swap for my lude and cant use any of it.
Nope, not interested. But thanks for the offer. I have already swapped over to a b20a in this car.

Glad you're back.
Happy holidays, Merry Xmas, New Year, etc...

Cheers
nigel
Thanks Nigel, same to you. :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts