Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a new engine installed on my car and I've been driving it around here and there on little errands. At first, it started up just fine without any problems, but recently, the car has been having more and more problems starting up. It'll turn on in one try, but I have to hold the ignition longer and give it some gas. I didn't really car at first, but when this happens, the car will choke at 3,500K and not go on any further no matter what. Could this be maybe because of a whole on the exhaust system? Also, when I popped my hood, I noticed the rubber gasket around the filter had busted, I fixxed this and no improvements. Anyone know what could be the cause of this?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I will make a guess and say it seems like it could be from a clogged catalytic converter and/or bad timing (ignition and/or valve timing).

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
yeah, we need to know more about your car and what was done to it other than just "the motor was replaced" before we can help you on this.

what motor did it have and what motor does it have now? what part of the motor were replaced? where did you get it? if it was used, how many miles? how many miles on your car?

need more info there guy

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
That does sound vaguely cat. converterish, especially if it's way down on power even under the "choke point".

That said, something caused the cat to melt, generally running really really rich.

That assumes it's the cat, which it may or may not be, can't tell with the evidence presented.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My engine is not carb'd. I used to have a B21A engine on it, but it was changed to a B20A. I bought it off a local JDM engine warehouse a couple miles from my house. The engine has under 50,xxx miles on it and all the necessary items were replaced as the warrenty said. (I.E. gaskets, all belts, clutch, etc) I did notice that when I looked under the car, my flex-pipe that was on my header was removed, and now the cat and header are connected in a really weird way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts