Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant access the lower intake manifold bolts and i need to pull it to get the head off because i bent my valves. how do i do this? ive tried using ujoint sockets and climbing underneath and i just cant seem to get enough leverage on them to turn them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
Did this on my '86 many years ago, so my recollection may be sketchy. However, here is what I believe I did - get a long (over 10") extension for your ratchet, and one of those knuckle things that allow the socket to rotate in different directions - something like a u-joint operation. Then, get a good idea of the location of your bolts 'cause you will have to work by feel to get the socket onto them. You will probably need a couple of extensions and can use the knuckle thing between the long 10" one on which you can put the bolt socket, and another extension so you can work at an angle. Also note that once you get the bolts off, there may be a hose and/or ground wiring connected to the underside of the intake manifold which will need to come off, before you will be able to get the manifold out of the engine bay!
Good Luck
M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did it not to long ago, can't remember it being such a PIA....just get under the car with a big r (preferably a braker bar as they are torqued with 55Nm and probably rusted) and take the right sized socket + an long extension and yeah that's it lol.
Impact wrench would help too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts