Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 19:00 (mt) today, I purchased the much anticipated 1990 Honda Prelude SR that I have been posting about since I joined here @ preludepower.com. Even though I have only had her for a few hours, I am impressed with how she handles and how strong the engine is. She does need a little TLC and she is in the right hands for that. There are all kinds of mods that I would like to get started on when our budget is sorted out and when time is possible.
So far, I have seen a few things with my car that need improvement and I will be posting pics when I complete a project.

I am glad to be a "real" part of this community now.

·
Registered
734 Posts
woot.. guess its warm enough for the mustang then... heh... silly canadians with US domestics...

Welcome... in a weird sort of way because u've been around a while... Congrats on the little 3rd gen....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all of the words of encouragement. I know that have been here for a few months, but good things come to those who wait. Now that I have my Prelude, it is great to have a car that is quite different then the "everyday" and "typical" car that are on the roads here in Edmonton.

As for the "silly Canadians with US domestics" comment, I am not a Mustang fan, but to drive an import doesn't show any pride in the North American auto industry either. Even though I am Canadian, I refuse to buy a domestic and chose to buy an import. Quite simply put, domestic technology is far behind the competition. Lastly, imports are getting the attention of the consumer and they are prospering much better then domestics. Anyway, that is my theory.

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
Welcome from Preludepower Stateside man! You won't regret the car, Probably one of the best cars ever made... Without a James Bond pricetag anyway... We gonna wind up being a second family to you. So.... get used to it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
hate to burst your bubble but u dont need those plugs...reg 2$ ngks work just as good if not better. so u can buy like 40 plugs for the price of the 4 u got. but do what u want =] next time read up a lil b4 buying things. theres so much info on this site your head will spin...

i checked the pics. the paint looked decent. just that rust. but mine was way worse. i just cut out the hole quarter pannel from the wheel well to the line and welded a new slab in and some bondo =] good luck with it...next mods should be intake and headers...maybe some new plugs but just get the ngk blues on ebay for liek 20bucks...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.