Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed this header today along with a 3" exit to a 3" exhaust.
This thing has NO ground clearance at all. It's probably 1-2" off the ground since I'm lowered on some eibach springs. Less then a 2" drop.
The crossmember needed to be notched as with most of the other people. Had to install piece by piece which made it a pain in the ass.
Overall the header is really nice and if you want power, this is the header to go with. For the money, It cannot be beat.
I have an smsp stage 4 header as well and that one seemed to have a little better clearance and it also had a 3" exit. But it was $1000 more.

I would love to dyno this since I have a baseline before the header and 3" exhaust so if anyone would like to donate for this, feel free :smilejap:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made 13whp on mine tuned. Totally recommend this Hytech Rep Header.
13whp tuned?
hmmmm thought it would be 13whp just bolting on.
What exhaust were you running?
You dyno with stock whatever exhaust you had before and then installed the header and dynoed again?
btw, hows the ground clearance on yours?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid 290 shipped for it and sold the test pipe for $60.
Then with the strong canadian dollar, it came to about $220 for me :smilejap:
Got it from one of the sponsors at another site.

·
Registered
851 Posts
13whp tuned?
hmmmm thought it would be 13whp just bolting on.
What exhaust were you running?
You dyno with stock whatever exhaust you had before and then installed the header and dynoed again?
btw, hows the ground clearance on yours?
Well, mine made 187whp before then with the Hytech Rep Header, it put out 200whp/156wtq tuned. I never did just a dyno pull the installed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, mine made 187whp before then with the Hytech Rep Header, it put out 200whp/156wtq tuned. I never did just a dyno pull the installed.
hm but you should have done a baseline on the dyno before any tuning to see what the AFR are like before you make any adjustments.
So you did 187whp with a stock header?
Put on the hytech replica and tuned before a baseline?
How did your tuner know what to adjust? He would have needed to make a pull without tuning first.

·
Registered
851 Posts
hm but you should have done a baseline on the dyno before any tuning to see what the AFR are like before you make any adjustments.
So you did 187whp with a stock header?
Put on the hytech replica and tuned before a baseline?
How did your tuner know what to adjust? He would have needed to make a pull without tuning first.
I did 187whp with an Egay header. The H22 is cammed with Skunk2 Pro2 cams; built head. I remember when he did a baseline pull which was 182whp then kept on messing with it more and got it to 200whp and just wouldn't make anymore power. I went in just to get the car tuned to hit my goal, and I did. I don't know anything about tuning. You can ask him if you want because he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depending on the source of the header, there are some variations: None the less we have had nothing but great results from the Hytech "style" header. Todays market has shown that things that make power can be affordable. You will get what you pay for but paying for and getting what you want makes it worth the hassle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts