Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hybrid S/Si wiring harness?

I just read through the S -> Si swap procedure on mustardcat's site. Seems easy enough. Only question, though, is is it possible to just splice the Si engine harness to the S interior harness? All the shit is the same, right? Just swap the ECU. I could live without cruise control, or just wire it up separately later. Someone mentioned doing this on in the 3g forum previously, but it was only in passing, and he didn't elaborate on the process.

I know it's messier than swapping the whole harness, but it would be a *lot* easier. Especially if the wires are all the same color.

Either way, if I can get this lady to sell me her rusted-out Si for under a grand, I'll rent a double-wide storage unit and get crackin (my folks need the garage, and we have an HOA so I can't have two disassembled preludes in front of the house).

On second thought, splicing a fat bundle of wires doesn't sound that much easier than just unplugging everything and re-plugging with the new harness...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just need this lady to realize nobody's gonna buy her rustbucket for $1500. But I wanna be the first in line when she goes under a grand, or else someone will buy it and use it as a beater or something. What a waste of a 134k-mile-old drivetrain :( Having a whole donor car would make things so much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts