Honda Prelude Forum banner

huge problem installing upper strut bar

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  strictlylude 
#1 ·
Hey i just bought a front strut bar, but am having a huge problem installing it, both sides seem to have objects in the way i.e the metal brake lines and some wiring harness on the passenger side. if someone could help me or any picture showing how that would be great thanks guys in advance!

See less See more
#6 ·
What the hell Neuspeed bar do you have?

I think they are fairly thin. hah.

#5 · (Edited)
I had a Megan racing front bar before I got a JDM Type S bar. I had to disconnect the wire-harnesses on the pass side and remove the bolt that held the harness bracket to the tab on the strut tower. Then after connecting the bar, I just plugged the harnesses back together, and DID NOT re-install the bolt holding the bracket to the top of the strut tower. And on the drivers' side I did not have to do anything extra.

#24 ·
I had a Megan racing front bar before I got a JDM Type S bar. I had to disconnect the wire-harnesses on the pass side and remove the bolt that held the harness bracket to the tab on the strut tower. Then after connecting the bar, I just plugged the harnesses back together, and DID NOT re-install the bolt holding the bracket to the top of the strut tower. And on the drivers' side I did not have to do anything extra.

i have the same exact strut bar just in silver

#9 ·
If it's an ebay one you have to cut the driver side bracket out enough to fit the brake line and you have to take the wire harness tower down. I bought an ebay one to see if it made a difference but it would have been better just to buy a name brand first. You're going to have to modify the bracket on the bar to get it to clear the brake line but don't bend or muscle it, if it breaks it's expensive as hell to replace.

#19 ·
There are a few ebay ones, one of them has a cutout for the brake line, the others don't. The one I got didn't have it so I had to cut out circular shaped pieces from both supports on the bracket.

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.