Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as everyone knows, i have an f22 block with an h23 head. i was wondering how much horsepower to the wheels could i get STOCK if i wanted to boost it? a member on here that goes by "sexydave" said he has the same engine and hes boosting 10 psi and making 320. could i get that?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
as everyone knows, i have an f22 block with an h23 head. i was wondering how much horsepower to the wheels could i get STOCK if i wanted to boost it? a member on here that goes by "sexydave" said he has the same engine and hes boosting 10 psi and making 320. could i get that?
it all varies man, too many variables to consider tell us more about your setup?

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it all varies man, too many variables to consider tell us more about your setup?
dont have one yet. thats why i was asking that way i can get an idea of what turbo to get and all that. engine wise i have an f22 block with an h23 head all stock. no forged pistons or rods or anything special. i was thinking maybe a junkyard turbo dsm build? or maybe an ebay turbo or something. i dont want a 10 second drag car. this is my dd and i just want the power to be there when i need it.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
dont have one yet. thats why i was asking that way i can get an idea of what turbo to get and all that. engine wise i have an f22 block with an h23 head all stock. no forged pistons or rods or anything special. i was thinking maybe a junkyard turbo dsm build? or maybe an ebay turbo or something. i dont want a 10 second drag car. this is my dd and i just want the power to be there when i need it.
My man,do a compression test to see where your at.
You dont want to boost on 50 psi on cylinder #2 like i was at. lol :thumbs-up:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
anywhere from 100hp to 350hp. all depends on every component in the entire setup, and the actual tune, and how long you're willing to have it last haha

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anywhere from 100hp to 350hp. all depends on every component in the entire setup, and the actual tune, and how long you're willing to have it last haha
what am i looking at to get 320 to the wheels?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
what am i looking at to get 320 to the wheels?
theres 50 billion ways to do it lol. no matter what parts you use, more boost always makes more power to an extent. using better parts will usually make more power as well.
using higher flowing parts will also make more power
combine all that and you have a good gob of power.

but basically, a good flowing manifold, decent sized properly matched well flowing turbo, efficiently flowing charge pipes and intercooler, and a good tune, and all parts needed to make all those things happen

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theres 50 billion ways to do it lol. no matter what parts you use, more boost always makes more power to an extent. using better parts will usually make more power as well.
using higher flowing parts will also make more power
combine all that and you have a good gob of power.

but basically, a good flowing manifold, decent sized properly matched well flowing turbo, efficiently flowing charge pipes and intercooler, and a good tune, and all parts needed to make all those things happen
sweet so you think with the talon turbo parts and about 10 pounds of boost i can reach my goal?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
sweet so you think with the talon turbo parts and about 10 pounds of boost i can reach my goal?

I an word... No

Im not saying its impossible, however very unlikely that you will hit 320 on 10psi on a talon setup and a stock motor.

Hell i would almost go with it is impossible. Unless those turbos are much larger than im thinking they are, and even then..

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
They are selling a gt30 turbo on this site.. Get it. Its a very good turbo and wont boost creap on u becauser its not extremely big.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
i think he is asking 900 brand new!!

Frompa is his name.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fuck that. once again, fuck that.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You get what you pay for my friend. Just remember that.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:roll: u have no clue
must not.

im going to get all the turbo stuff off that talon for around $300 and ill see what i can do with that. im not trying to make a drag car here. i just a want a little extra pull.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
You get what you pay for my friend. Just remember that.
EXACTLY

not about to pay 900 for just a turbo.
Haha please thats nothin, i spent $1300 on my GT35R

:roll: u have no clue
You aint lyin

must not.

im going to get all the turbo stuff off that talon for around $300 and ill see what i can do with that. im not trying to make a drag car here. i just a want a little extra pull.
Thats what they always say but once you feel boost then you'll soon want more.

Remember its all about makin the most power on as little boost as possible, not to conservative but not to aggressive with the tune. You want to have a smooth curve.

And 320 can be had on that block. Longevity-only time will tell. How much psi will it take to reach that-probably a bit more than 10.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how does 274 to the wheels feel to you? i just dont want to be the slow one in the bunch you know. there is a guy in my town who has a cobra and he thinks its the shit and that v8's are the best engine put on earth. nobody can beat him and i wanna smoke his ass and ask him how does it feel to be beaten by a four cylinder. i think anything over 200 to the wheels should do it right?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts