Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys from san antonio. Have you guys tried out precision r before? Or have any experiences with them?

My pressure plate or slave cylinder went out and I want a reputable shop to do the job for me. Or if you guys want to help me out, that would awesome. I don't have any tools or a place to work on my car, so anything helps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Theres a big difference in the amount of work it would take to change out the clutch slave and the pressure plate. try to figure out exactly which one it is. Im replacing my master and slave here in a little bit.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
^ That's very true.

Did you get a quote from them? A pressure plate will probably be $400 in labor alone, from what I've heard. (I've never taken my car to a shop). They have to drop the trans to get to it..

The slave is basically 3 bolts and bleeding the clutch. I'd suggest doing it yourself if this is the case. You just need a 12mm socket, an 8mm box wrench, and some brake fluid (there may be something I forgot).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aight thanks for the replys.

Well i can't put it in gear when the car is on, but i can when the car is off. When I depress the pedal when the car is on, it pushes back with a pulsating force.

Then if i do try to put it in gear, it grinds.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Have someone push on the clutch pedal while you watch the slave cylinder to see if it moves around. If it doesnt move chances are your system is empty or has air bubbles or the cylinder(s) are blown. Most places will do diagnostic for you but you hafta pay them unless they are offering free diagnostic in hopes youll get the work done at their shop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts