Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call it rice but i just want to set up a purge kit for the prelude. since everything gets back from the machine shop this week itll be on the streets and i want to purge nos. and since it wont be going through the motor could i just use co2?
any help bc im clueless on how to even set it up

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Wtf. How is a purge kit rice. Its rice if you have a purge kit with no nitrous and hook up a bottle of co2 just so you can spray out a substance in the air to pretend your going to be fast. You could always buy a dry nitrous kit and fill the bottle with c02 and just put the nozzle where you want to spray. But that would just be silly. Nitrous solenoids come with a purge outlet built into them. Atleast on the nx kit i run.
sam-r450 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Just disconnect the wire that activates the nitrous and fuel solenoids. Purge solenoid should run off different wiring. So you wont be able to shoot nitrous but be able to purge.
sam-r450 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats what i want i just blew my motor and dont wanna hook it up bc i really dont wanna pay for another rebuild
so i just want to purge and not actually use it for performance
how can i set it up?
Hook your nitrous solenoid inlet to the feed line from the bottle then hook the outlet to the lines you want to purge form then hook your button up and walah! Ground one side of the solenoid and hook the button with power to the other side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
would a wet or dry kit purge better? or does it mainly depend on valves?
What are you asking?!? If your just going to purge you only purge nitrous NO fuel. You dont even need fuel unless your going to shot nos to the engine. So are you going to shot the car or you just wana purge nitrous in the air?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you asking?!? If your just going to purge you only purge nitrous NO fuel. You dont even need fuel unless your going to shot nos to the engine. So are you going to shot the car or you just wana purge nitrous in the air?

i just wanna purge into the air. i didnt know if either kit would look better than the other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts