Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in the 5th gens on the a/c temp and flow slider knobs there is some black sticky shit in most of the preludes i've seen. removing it is easy and will cost you maybe $2

1. buy GOO-GONE you can get it at the hardware store or any target or wal-mart (i swear it was made by god to remove anything sticky) and some Q-tips
2.wet a Q-tip with GOO-GONE and scrub that bitch down...hard :devil:
3.look in amazement at the result

i know this is a prety uselss DIY but hey it might make your lude look a little better :jehon:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ah yeah, mine had something like this, wasn't black, but i think it was from lotion/makeup from the girl that owned it before me. mine just came off with some rubbing alcohol, but yours may be different.

Make sure you keep all your windows open and preferably do this outside of a garage, goo gone's some pretty strong stuff

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
One thing to be careful of, I use 'Goof-off' and its some powerful sht. I was rubbing it on the buttons and trim plastic around my head unit and it ate the paint and text off the buttons :shock: It sure cleaned that gunk off tho ;)

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
i noticed that crap when i was armor all'ing the interior. i just ran my armor all soaked papertowel over it and it came right off. and its all shinny now.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
/\/\ my shit came like that...104k miles and someones got to get a greasy hand on it...plus the gut who had it before me was a plummer

·
Registered
62 Posts
97preludeN.O. said:
ok in the 5th gens on the a/c temp and flow slider knobs there is some black sticky shit in most of the preludes i've seen. removing it is easy and will cost you maybe $2

1. buy GOO-GONE you can get it at the hardware store or any target or wal-mart (i swear it was made by god to remove anything sticky) and some Q-tips
2.wet a Q-tip with GOO-GONE and scrub that bitch down...hard :devil:
3.look in amazement at the result

i know this is a prety uselss DIY but hey it might make your lude look a little better :jehon:
who's goo gone did you use? yea what now

·
Registered
110 Posts
the 3M adhesive remover is pretty safe for most things too. I used it when removing my old tint and it was incredible. Let soak for 3 secs and wipe with dry towel. Gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts