Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I tried searching for this, but couldn't find much. I was wondering what you guys do to clean your filters on your intakes. I have an AEM short ram intake, and the filter is filthy. My mileage seems to be getting worse so I thought I would clean it. What would you recommend?? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
your local performance store should have it... but id recommend getting a new filter... it works much better... i wish i did that to my girls car... the cleaner will help but wont be great... new filter ftw

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I cleaned my AEM SRI filter in the kitchen sink with Dawn dishwashing liquid - SERIOUSLY. In fact I am about due to do it again soon.

·
Registered
471 Posts
aaww thats so cute

On Friday June 23 2006 we arrived at Ocean City Maryland, Kyle asked if I would like to go for a walk on the beach before his sister and her fiance arrived, and I agreed. We walked along the beach and it was starting to get dark so he asked I wanted to sit and draw in the sand, I said yes again. So we sat back to back and I began to write "Kyle is the best" while he was in the process of writing his message. He said he was finished and he wanted me to see what he wrote first. So, he told me to close my eyes until he said open, and when he said open he had wrote "Marry Me?" in the sand and placed rose petals with the letters! I turned around to see him and he was on his knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever saw! I began to cry... happy tears of course and said YES! ** To make this moment even more special it was my parents 22nd wedding anniversary, so we continued the happiness and love of June 23.**

·
Registered
747 Posts
aaww thats so cute

On Friday June 23 2006 we arrived at Ocean City Maryland, Kyle asked if I would like to go for a walk on the beach before his sister and her fiance arrived, and I agreed. We walked along the beach and it was starting to get dark so he asked I wanted to sit and draw in the sand, I said yes again. So we sat back to back and I began to write "Kyle is the best" while he was in the process of writing his message. He said he was finished and he wanted me to see what he wrote first. So, he told me to close my eyes until he said open, and when he said open he had wrote "Marry Me?" in the sand and placed rose petals with the letters! I turned around to see him and he was on his knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever saw! I began to cry... happy tears of course and said YES! ** To make this moment even more special it was my parents 22nd wedding anniversary, so we continued the happiness and love of June 23.**
great way to clean an intake filter? lol.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
you can buy a filter recharger kit from autozone or something, k&n makes one but you can use it for all kinds of aftermarket filters
I thought that the AEM filter was 'dry charged' unlike the K&N

·
Registered
581 Posts
great way to clean an intake filter? lol.
LOL!

Hey guys, I tried searching for this, but couldn't find much. I was wondering what you guys do to clean your filters on your intakes. I have an AEM short ram intake, and the filter is filthy. My mileage seems to be getting worse so I thought I would clean it. What would you recommend?? Thanks for the help!
when ive had to clean mine, i took some dawn dish soap and a bucket of water and just dunked the filter in over and over til it looked clean then dried it really well and re-oiled it.

Ace

·
Registered
852 Posts
dude just buy a new filter!! its cheap easy to install, money well spent. I have the k&n cleaning kit also, but haven't even used it. I am just going to buy a new filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts