Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok before everyone the likes to just complain about this question I ask I have looked into the search feature and found nothing on how to adjust the timing on my car. Can I loosen the dizzy and adjust by hand like the old fords or is there another way to do it . What is the easiest way to do it? I would like help plz not to be harassed.Its a 97 base.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
im ASSuME-ing the fourth word is suppose to be "that" nvm. your first line is twisted but i understand it

turning the dizzy wont do it since your obd2. only way to adjust timing is to
1. take belt off and move your cams (extreme and insane unless your timing is off)
2. get adjustable timing gears.
Periodsss

edit: OH I FORGOT TO ASK. why are you trying to adjust your timing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im ASSuME-ing the fourth word is suppose to be "that" nvm. your first line is twisted but i understand it

turning the dizzy wont do it since your obd2. only way to adjust timing is to
1. take belt off and move your cams (extreme and insane unless your timing is off)
2. get adjustable timing gears.
Periodsss

edit: OH I FORGOT TO ASK. why are you trying to adjust your timing?
Im not right now I just wanted to know incase I ever needed too. I was thinking of getting a tune then thought about nos and read you might want retard the timing for anything over a 35 shot . So this is actually a post so I dont have to ask about it again and get roasted for not looking on the nos page when I have done my research already.thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Im not right now I just wanted to know incase I ever needed too. I was thinking of getting a tune then thought about nos and read you might want retard the timing for anything over a 35 shot . So this is actually a post so I dont have to ask about it again and get roasted for not looking on the nos page when I have done my research already.thanks for the help.
oh ok. well my advice to you is to talk to a some one in person that really knows what hes talking about before you mess with nitrous.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
obd2 distributors are locked.
i forgot to say that lol. one of the three holes on the distributor is not slotted so you can turn it thermostat

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
So pretty much, if you turn the distributor it will automatically re-adjust itself to stock.
if you turn it from its original position. you wont be able to put all the screws back in to bolt it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts