Honda Prelude Forum banner

how much would a sound system weigh?

894 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  krokur 
#1 ·
im going to get 1 amp, 2 12'' subs, 2 better speakers, equalizer, and a capacitor

i was wondering (roughly) how much weight that would add to the lude. thanks

#2 ·
Ask yourself first "Do I really need 2, 12" subs?!"

I have one Orion 12" sub in a sealed box and it's PLENTY of bass. I can make the glass on the front of my office shake if I really want to when I roll into the office (of course I never turn it up that loud)

The lude does not have a ton of trunk space as it is...2, 12's is going to take up 80% of the trunk. 1, 12" will only take up 50% of it. 1 sub in a sealed box with amp weighs around 30 lbs. 2 of them weigh closer to 50 lbs since the box would have to be huge. Depends on the material of the enclosure...mine is heavy particle board.

I personally hate when some a-hole rolls up to a traffic light with his windows down and eath shattering bass blasting from his car. Those people just look like such tools. I think that fad has passed, now only a few ricers and those individuals who think it's cool to have 22" chrome rims on their ride still buy into the overkill bass fad. a little bass is good and fills the audio but better full range speakers or better a set of components and a 4 channel amp to push them will do MUCH more for your sound experience.

- J

#5 ·
well... considering a 12" speaker can be anywhere from like 5-40lbs, I think you gotta figure out what subs you're getting first.

if you're that concerned with weight then just get one, but if you want two you want two.

#8 ·
it really depends on what brand of twelves you are getting
what kind of box you are getting
they all weigh different amounts
i had two memphis twelves and a 15in solobaric l7 in my car with two rockford fosgate 1500 watt amps it all got stolen
i have one pro-box twelve and a 1500 watt amp now and it is plenty of bass

#11 ·
hmmm, ok, heres my plan, i want to get 1 Pyramid 2000w 4 channel amp, 2 12'' Power Acoustik subs, a pair of Hifonics speakers, a kenwood 5 band equalizer, and a Legacy 2.4 farad capacitor.

i also want to know if this will be under $1,000 after i get all the misc. stuff like kits and boxes, and getting it installed? thanks

#12 ·
I like to have a lot of bass, but I always turn it down when I'm stopped somewhere, such as at a light. Or at night through a neighborhood.

Driving during the day, however...I crank it up.

#13 ·
prelude98addict said:
hmmm, ok, heres my plan, i want to get 1 Pyramid 2000w 4 channel amp, 2 12'' Power Acoustik subs, a pair of Hifonics speakers, a kenwood 5 band equalizer, and a Legacy 2.4 farad capacitor.

i also want to know if this will be under $1,000 after i get all the misc. stuff like kits and boxes, and getting it installed? thanks
well maybe if you install it yourself

#14 ·
Could be anywere from 20-200lbs, I'd say. Need more details to tell you something more accurate.

#15 ·
My system costed around 1.300.-

Includes:
-Pioneer HU DEH-P8500MP
-Pioneer 6x9 Rear speakers 380w TS-A6921
-Pioneer 6 1/2 Front speakers 130w TS-E1376
-Pioneer Amp 600w GM-6200F
-Rockford Fosgate Sub 15" PUNCHz
-Wireing from Vivanco
-Speaker wires from the local Hardware store
-Enclosure for the sub XL series
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

So I think you should get under 1.000.- with yours

#16 ·
damn homie... u got robbed,... heres what i got...

alpine type-s front and rear speakers
Kenwood MONO amp 1200watts just for the sub
rockford p3 12' sub d4 with the box
moster cables, gauge wires
rockford 1 power capacitors

less than 500... love the best buy discount, its better than eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.